Old December 28th 09, 09:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default GRUNDIG

Is Grundig products worth buying? I as thinkng of buying their table
model radio with am fm and short wave bands. Just wondering. Please
reply to me at:

thank you.

Old December 28th 09, 03:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I own at least three hundred, or more, radios.I own one Grundig radio.It
is an AM/FM/Shortwave wooden cabinet floor model (I think it is a
Majestic model, built in 1957) radio with a built in phonograph in the
top of the radio.I bought it for fourteen dollars (plus Mississippi RIP
OFF sales taxes, RIP OFF!!!) ) years and years ago at a Goodwill store.
http://shopgoodwill.com

So, Yes, if you can find a genuine made in Germany Grundig radio at a
decent price and if that Grundig radio is in good shape, go for it.

I also own a big wooden cabinet Telefunken AM/FM/Shortwave model Opus 7
table top radio.(it is a luverly/beautiful looking radio.I also bought
that radio at a Goodwill store years and years ago for only four
dollars.

The Grundig radios nowadays (made in China, or wherever) are not
anywhere nearly as good as the older made in Germany Gundig radios.
cuhulin

Old December 28th 09, 09:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

At one time or another I've had most of the rigs on the market except the
NRD's, Palstar, Ten-Tec, and the very high end equipment. I just sold my
Icom R-75, it wasn't any better than my Icom R 71A(with memory upgrade), E1
or Drake R8! I use also a Kenwood TS-140S (receive only) which is decent.
My Grundig Satellit 800 is a very nice sounding radio and does a pretty fair
job on reception. Pleasure to use. BIG!
I had a Grundig 750 last summer and dumped it almost as soon as I bought
it(from a shortwave store). It pays to have hands on when buying these
sets. Then you can choose which one to your liking.
The 750 was so cheap, the knobs fell off the thing as I was unpacking it.
The shafts they are attached to are too short. The tuning wheel had wobble.
Generally the set was a real disappointment. It also took about 10 pounds
pulling pressure to get the whip to release itself from the case.
Stay absolutely away from Eton products. Their warranty's are not that
good.
Example: the first E1 that I purchased had the dead display problem, back to
the store 50 miles distance.
The second seemed to be either a refurb or demo packed and sold as new...
back again.
Finally after doing what I should have done in the first place check the
dahm thing before leaving the store(again hands on purchasing).
The E1 works fine for me but the display is a little dim as are most.
If you can pick up something of quality on the "try and buy" method of
purchasing then you will have something you'll most likely be truly happy
with.
PS ... If you are thinking of a buying a good low cost portable, the Grundig
G5 I found is better than my Sony 7600GR.
The Radio Shack DX-398 is a winner but is hard on batteries.
The Panasonic RF-2200 is a winner too (good luck finding one in good
condition at a good price)
The Kenwood R-1000, R-5000 are very good for older sets as well as the
FRG-7. These can be sometime be found at very reasonable prices.

Old December 30th 09, 01:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Dennis@Lassetter. wrote in message
Is Grundig products worth buying? I as thinkng of buying their table
model radio with am fm and short wave bands. Just wondering. Please
reply to me at:

thank you.

Justis. i never buy a radio, just for the idea of buying a new radio.
but, when i see something i like, i always check the web first. can't
say enough about the yahoo groups. eHam is good, most are honest
reports. and, i always buy from Universal Radio. they have a great
return set-up. and, the people there know what they sell. i just wish
they were a bit closer to me. i'm east of Pittsburgh, and they are
near Columbus. oh-well.

Drifter...
Old December 31st 09, 04:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Well I bought a GRUNDIG 960 table model radio. I love it. It is the best
radio I have ever had so far and I have had hundreds over the years. The
sound from this one is unbelievable and looks great also. Hope it lasts.