Old December 31st 09, 12:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.knives,soc.culture.thai

Default New Years Shout Out to BushcraftGreg for the Invite to RRS

A quick New Years shout out goes to BushcraftGreg for the special
invite he extend to the Distinguished Troll Society while we were over
at Rec dot Knives...He was correct, we've been able to bring a lot to
the group!...I'm sure Baka, Krypto, Chuckles the Klown, and Ph.dufus
don't appreciate it but who really cares what they think anyway!...See
ya all at the Jan 8th BASH and BYOB!
Old December 31st 09, 03:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Dec 30, 4:47*pm, nurk_fred2000 wrote:
A quick New Years shout out goes to BushcraftGreg for the special
invite he extend to the Distinguished Troll Society while we were over
at Rec dot Knives...He was correct, we've been able to bring a lot to
the group!...I'm sure Baka, Krypto, Chuckles the Klown, and Ph.dufus
don't appreciate it but who really cares what they think anyway!...See
ya all at the Jan 8th BASH and BYOB!

No problem Fred. It's a great group here and irregardless ( like you
mentioned) that a few
of the troublemakers don't like it, I have no problem with you and
others in here.

No one is making anyone reading anything in here - so that's my take
on it - I remember
the unfortunate events that led to you all being here - so that is
that.

Back at you on the New Years Shout Out, hopefully 10 is better than 09
for everyone.:-)

Old January 3rd 10, 05:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Gregg wrote:
On Dec 30, 4:47 pm, nurk_fred2000 wrote:
A quick New Years shout out goes to BushcraftGreg for the special
invite he extend to the Distinguished Troll Society while we were over
at Rec dot Knives...He was correct, we've been able to bring a lot to
the group!...I'm sure Baka, Krypto, Chuckles the Klown, and Ph.dufus
don't appreciate it but who really cares what they think anyway!...See
ya all at the Jan 8th BASH and BYOB!

No problem Fred.

It is indeed a great problem that you brought to this group a bunch of
clowns who add absolutely nothing to the signal but a hell of a lot to
the noise. Nothing will bring on-topic discussion on a group to its
knees as quickly as the troll infestation you have wrought upon it.

It's a great group here

It WAS a great group here! You have contributed to it becoming somewhat
less so.

and irregardless ( like you mentioned) that a few
of the troublemakers don't like it,

The trio of trolls are the troublemakers but you are too blind, or too
stupid, to see that though it is clearly visible to everyone else here.

I have no problem with you and others in here.

Of course you have no problem with them since it was YOU who attracted
them here therefore YOU are also part of the problem.

No one is making anyone reading anything in here - so that's my take
on it - I remember the unfortunate events that led to you all being here
- so that is that.

Everyone knows you invited them here to help you with YOUR harassment
campaign against another poster here on RRS. Of course, that poster has
left RRS and the clown trolls have decided to stick around and look for
fresh victims.

Back at you on the New Years Shout Out, hopefully 10 is better than 09
for everyone.:-)

2010 will be an improvement only if you get your troll mates to leave.
If they stay, 2010 will be much worse than 2009 and the clowns will
provide a written guarantee of that! In fact, I can see them at work on
that right now!

Krypsis

Old January 3rd 10, 08:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jan 3, 6:46*pm, Krypsis wrote:

2010 will be an improvement only if you get your troll mates to leave.
If they stay, 2010 will be much worse than 2009 and the clowns will
provide a written guarantee of that! In fact, I can see them at work on
that right now!

Krypsis

******Good old Krypto, right on schedule with his posts of doom and
gloom.
Nothing positive from a 55 year public servant.

Typical.

Old January 3rd 10, 09:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.knives

On Jan 3, 3:46*pm, Krypsis wrote:

Everyone knows you invited them here to help you with YOUR harassment
campaign against another poster here on RRS. Of course, that poster has
left RRS and the clown trolls have decided to stick around and look for
fresh victims.

2010 will be an improvement only if you get your troll mates to leave.
If they stay, 2010 will be much worse than 2009 and the clowns will
provide a written guarantee of that! In fact, I can see them at work on
that right now!

Krypsis

Hi again Krypsis,

In my humble opinion the best thing one can DO is just ignore the
trolls altogether, as they are more likely TO disappear if posters
such as you and I just ignore them - thus starving them of the
attention they seem to so desperately crave. Over on the SCT forum
board, many of the ol' timers either completely ignore them, or
utilize various types of kill files to ensure they see only the posts
THEY want to see; therefore giving the 3 or 4 clowns no 'air-time'
whatsoever. Thanks to advice from people such as Stephen Kramer, many
OF the regular posters on SCT were able to familiarize themselves with
the various ways in which they could continue to enjoy their usenet
subscriptions without having TO endure the significant amount of utter
rubbish spouted by a few ratbags. One of the discussion forums
(Vietnam Society and Culture) you belong to IN particular Krypsis is,
in my opinion, a shining example of how a discussion board can and
should operate, without being hijacked by a few small-minded folk with
their OWN ill-intentioned agendas.

Well just my 2 satangs worth.

Kind Regards and have a good evening all,
Brian Anasta

Old January 3rd 10, 01:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.knives,soc.culture.thai

On Jan 3, 10:58*pm, Krypsis wrote

Oh, so you can speak, read and write Vietnamese then? That's about the
only way you could gain enough experience to describe the activities in
* "Soc.Culture.Vietnamese" as a shining example of a discussion forum.
You might actually find that some of the younger foreign born Vietnamese
using some English words where they don't know, have forgotten, or
simply don't care to use the Vietnamese equivalent but it won't be
enough for you to get the gist of the discussion. I just looked in on
one discussion on computer video resolution. Quite interesting how they
swap from English to Vietnamese and back again. Since it's a technical
discussion, I'm not surprised at the use of English as there may be no
Vietnamese equivalent or it may simply be easier to use the English version.

Well, just my 0.02 Dong's worth

Krypsis

Hi again Krypsis,

No I certainly cannot speak, read or write any Vietnamese and am
unfortunately not able to contribute to any discussion taking place in
the soc.culture.Vietnamese forum. What I can see, however, is that the
Vietnamese discussion is generated by a seemingly large number of
authors on what would also seem like a diverse range of topics. This
is how the Thai forum once was like back in its glory days, and as you
mention, it is doubtful the group can pull itself out if its mire. I
spend most of my time on moderated groups such as Thai Visa these days
for the sheer sake of being able to be involved in discussion which
actually relates to Thailand - unlike that which goes on in SCT
nowadays.

Anyway, thanks for your insight and point of view.

Kind Regards,
Brian

Old January 3rd 10, 08:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jan 2, 9:46*pm, Krypsis wrote:
Gregg wrote:
[...]

***You must have X-Ray vision Krypto to see us Trolls working on
making 2010 a year to remember on RRS, SCT, RdotK, and alt.cooking-
chat...You are correct, the January 8th, 2010 BASH is going to be a
BOMBSHELL!...Have you reserved your table yet...?...*grin*
by the by Klown, we will be inducting BushcraftGreg into the
Distinguished Troll Society on the 8th as well...Did you want to
submit an application for consideration too...?...

BushcraftGreg Nominated For Distinguished Troll Society Membership nurk_fred2000 Shortwave 5 November 14th 09 04:58 PM
Invite [email protected] Shortwave 0 November 4th 06 10:07 PM
an open Invite to those that fell that teling ones kids to lie on the net is child abuse an old friend Policy 53 March 15th 06 05:41 PM
FAQ - Repeated because the issues are too important to let the Mongolian Hordes of CBers shout them down. Pierian Spring Homebrew 43 December 26th 05 10:55 AM
FAQ - Repeated because the issues are too important to let the Mongolian Hordes of CBers shout them down. Pierian Spring Policy 43 December 26th 05 10:55 AM