Old January 7th 10, 05:52 AM posted to rec.knives,rec.radio.shortwave

Default Thank you, Steve

Gregg wrote:
On Jan 9, 7:11 pm, nurk_fred2000 wrote:

snip

Nah Fred, you would be wrong there. That is why I asked him to call me
back in 15 minutes, I always verify - trust me on this. It's all good,
like I said, when I read to him verbatim the entire thing and
explained the sick sordid story of the two troublemakers.....the truth
(not bull****) ALWAYS wins out - I make sure of that.

The truth is that you're full of bull**** Gregg, no doubt about that!

If I really seriously wanted to discover the identity of a poster on
usenet, I would simply submit a request to my IT boys here providing the
subject email/post, including all header information. They would pass it
onto the relevant federal department in Canberra who would, in turn,
pass it along to the relevant federal department in your country. A log
file request would be made to your ISP along with any other relevant
information. Your ISP would be told absolutely NO DETAILS but would be
obliged by YOUR laws to provide this information to your federal
department. This information would be processed and further
investigation may ensue. This investigation would not involve any
further information relevant to your posting instead being relevant to
who and what you are. You may not yet realise just how little privacy
you really have in your country and, unfortunately, mine.

Anyway, the information I would receive would be a very complete dossier
which brings me to a final point, that it would show you to be an
absolute moron. So why on earth would I want to do all this when I
already know that you are thicker than two short planks Gregg.

BTW, every ISP is required to keep a complete log file of user activity
on every server they possess. They are required to provide this logfile
on request to your relevant federal department(s). Same applies in this
country and, in fact, most countries in the world these days. If your
ISP were to modify the log file in any way, its contents would be
compared with the upstream ISP's logfile. Any untoward variation between
logfiles is a federal offence. The maintenance of these logfiles, by
the way, has been a federal requirement for quite some time now.

Anyone who thinks they are anonymous on the internet these days is
kidding themselves. All that matters is "Who wants to know!".

Krypsis

ps Gregg
Lose the pink underwear on Wednesdays pal, it's not a good look!
(Shaking my head in disbelief!)