Old February 24th 10, 06:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Huge news day but only Tiger reported.

The UK banned them several years ago, and collected up and destroyed all the
ones they could find. Personally, I think that's not right... overkill.
Yes, they have been known to maul children, sometimes to death, but those
cases are actually pretty rare compared to the total population of the dogs
(they were very popular in the UK.)

According to this news story
http://www2.wjtv.com/jtv/news/local/...il_ 16/11672/
current owners are grandfathered but only for one dog. That would
really be a difficult position to be put into if you own more than one
of the banned dogs. How sad.
Old February 24th 10, 09:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 2/23/10 23:38 , Brenda Ann wrote:
wrote in message
On Feb 23, 10:13 pm, wrote:
Watching 10:00 PM WJTV tv news,,,, It could soon be illegal to own a Pit
Bull dog as a pet in the City of Jackson, the ban could be in place as
soon as Aprilhttp://www.WJTV.com

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!! HIP HIP HOORAYYYY!!!!! HIP HIP
HOORAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

I have been wanting the City of Jackson to ban Pit Bull dogs and other
dangerous breeds of dogs ever since forever.

Heh, that democrap B HO Butt Kisser woman who lives next door to me,
on the other side of my house, she owns a Pit Bull dog and also, Heh,
that democrap B HO Butt Kisser dude who lives across the street
from me, he owns a Pit Bull dog too.I want ALL Pit Bull dogs BANNED from
the City of Jackson, FOREVER BANNED!!! in Jackson,Mississippi.

I've seen other cities ban pit bulls but they usually grandfather
current owners. Might your celebration be premature?

The UK banned them several years ago, and collected up and destroyed all the
ones they could find. Personally, I think that's not right... overkill.
Yes, they have been known to maul children, sometimes to death, but those
cases are actually pretty rare compared to the total population of the dogs
(they were very popular in the UK.)

There's a gross overreaction to stories where pits are concerned.
And the media plays it for all it's worth. I dated a reporter from
Channel 3 in Shreveport who did nothing but pit bull stories for a
year. The Kennel Club finally made her put a sock in it.

The problem is generally not the dog, but one at the other end of
the leash. There are owners who don't know how to socialize any dog,
much less a pit. Those dogs are fine at home, but out in the world
they're wildcards. Then there are the owners who keep a pit as a
deterrent to trespassers, much the same way they used to keep
dobermans.

The truth is a pit, or more specifically, the Staffordshire
Terrier, is a strong working dog, with an inbred aggressive streak,
that if properly socialized doesn't assert itself. Pits have been
family dogs for more than a century, and are particularly good at
protecting a family, especially the children.

An Akita or a Chow-chow is natively more dangerous than a pit.

The quintessentially gentle child companion dog was Petie, from
the Our Gang comedies. Petie and his sons, were registered
Staffordshire Terriers...Pit Bulls...and with the chaos of a movie
lot, the strangers of a film crew, and the horror of a room full of
5 year olds, there was never a problem with the dogs. Hell even a
Golden would get fed up with THAT crap. Which underscores that
problems lie not with the breed but with ignorant owners. And a
community ignorant of the dog, or how to handle an incident.

The guy next door to me raised pits. They were loud, to be sure.
Boisterous. But very sweet dogs in person. He would take them
around to the neighbors, introduce them to the dogs on the
neighbors' properties to indicate to the dogs that these are
friends, and that these people were friends even when not on the
dog's home soil. Clever move. Because the dogs got out,
occasionally. And there was never an unpleasant incident. They'd run
to the nearest friend and expect to be taken home. Which is
precisely what would happen.

These dogs would also be introduced to the other dogs in the
neighborhood for the same reasons. And, when the pits would get out,
there would be nothing other than a little noisy play.

There is a retired cop up on the next block. When he found out
that there were pits here, he barred his kids from playing on the
block. And he got up a petition to force the guy next door to get
rid of his dogs. He came to me, being next door and demanded that I
kick up a fuss living next door to such dangerous animals. I went
over to the fence reached in and petted both of them in front of him.

He was so ****ed he one of my flower boxes over.

I'm so comforted that he carried a badge and a gun.

He made so much noise that the neighbors finally had enough, and
after 2 and a half years, they ran the neighbor off with his dogs.
They moved out in October.

There's now noise about banning pits throughout the county with
armed enforcement. Coyotes take a dog a week in this area, and we
can't take them out, animal control won't take them out, and they're
multiplying faster than the foxes, but animal control wants send a
truck and a sheriff's deputy complete with shotgun to pick up a pit
in someone's home.

Nice.

The problem, as with Dobermans, which we no longer hear about, is
at the other end of the leash.
Old February 24th 10, 12:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 23, 8:13 pm, wrote:
Watching 10:00 PM WJTV tv news,,,, It could soon be illegal to own a Pit
Bull dog as a pet in the City of Jackson, the ban could be in place as
soon as Aprilhttp://www.WJTV.com

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!! HIP HIP HOORAYYYY!!!!! HIP HIP
HOORAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

I have been wanting the City of Jackson to ban Pit Bull dogs and other
dangerous breeds of dogs ever since forever.

Heh, that democrap B HO Butt Kisser woman who lives next door to me,
on the other side of my house, she owns a Pit Bull dog and also, Heh,
that democrap B HO Butt Kisser dude who lives across the street
from me, he owns a Pit Bull dog too.I want ALL Pit Bull dogs BANNED from
the City of Jackson, FOREVER BANNED!!! in Jackson,Mississippi.

GO REBS!!!
cuhulin

bpnjensen wrote:

Gee, cuhulin - I'm not a fan of pit bulls, but demanding that a
somewhat unfairly stereotyped dog ...

Unfair? Maybe.

But speaking in general (not any one specific dog), the pit bull has
been SPECIFICALLY BRED for its aggressiveness.
Old February 24th 10, 03:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

bpnjensen wrote:
Gee, cuhulin - I'm not a fan of pit bulls, but demanding that a
somewhat unfairly stereotyped dog ...

Unfair? Maybe.

But speaking in general (not any one specific dog), the pit bull has
been SPECIFICALLY BRED for its aggressiveness.- Hide quoted text -

No argument. Still not an excuse to have a knee jerk reaction against
them.
Old February 24th 10, 03:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

*wrote in message
On Feb 23, 10:13 pm, wrote:
[...]

at the other end of the leash.- Hide quoted text -

I agree with all of this, and would add that another famous pit bull
was Luke, who was famously featured in the Roscoe Arbuckle - Buster
Keaton early comedies. A complete sweetheart of a dog, smart, beloved
and never a danger to anybody. To my knowledge, he was never leashed,
and never needed to be.

Old February 24th 10, 03:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Recently, a little girl in Terry,Mississippi was mauled to death by a
Pit Bull dog.The little City of Terry is in Hinds County. Terry is near
South side of Jackson, also in Hinds County.

http://www.devilfinder.com
Terry,Mississippi girl killed by a Pit Bull dog

At least two of the suburb Cities of Jackson have already banned Pit
Bull dogs a few years ago, Richland, and Ridgeland, maybe it's Madison.

I don't care what anybody says, I Want ALL Pit Bull dogs and mixed breed
Pit Bull dogs BANNED from the City of Jackson.Much better yet, I Say BAN
ALL Pit Bull dogs from America.Pit Bull dogs are wayyyyy too
Unpredictable!

My little doggy is 100 percent Blue Heeler Australian Cattle Dog.Troy
Majure, Veterinarian at Animal Medical Health in Jackson told me so.I
bought my doggy for $150.00 when she was an eight weeks old puppy.She
Owns the couch.
cuhulin

Old February 24th 10, 03:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 2/24/10 09:21 , bpnjensen wrote:

wrote in message
On Feb 23, 10:13 pm, wrote:
[...]

I'd forgotten about Luke. You're right.

A dog will be whatever you want it to be. If that doesn't happen,
except in the very rarest of cases, it's because you failed to
communicate what you want the dog to be.

And for those who are about to bitch about the lack of radio
content in this thread...well, this is perfectly on topic for this
newsgroup. Because a dog's tail moves in short waves.

Thank you. I'll be here all week. Try the chicken.

Old February 24th 10, 04:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

One of the purpose/reason, dogs have tails is to help steer them when
they are running around corners.It is Wrong to cut off a Dogs tail!
Doesn't look right anyway.My doggy still has all of her tail.Sometimes,
when she takes a poop out in the front yard, a little piece of that poop
gets stuck on her butt hairs, that annoys her.I get a little twig off of
the yard and I knock that little piece of poop off of her butt.

Doggy is part Dingo Dog.I once read the oldest Dingo Dog
fossil/bone/skull was discovered in Vietnam.So,,,, my little doggy and I
have both been to Vietnam.Part of her Ancestry.
cuhulin

Old February 24th 10, 05:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I just now stepped out front to my snail mail box by the side of the
street in front of my house to get my snail mail.A U.S.Army Helicopter
flying low, almost directly over my house, Helicopter was flying due
Southwest.Of course, just like I always do, I Saluted and then I waved
my right hand up at the Helicopter.

My todays snail mail, in case the Keystone Kops/Fumbling Bumbling
Idiots/FBI wants to know isssss,,,
some advertising, eat joints, Captain D's, Papa John's, Popeyes, Globe
Life And Accident Insurance, Dish Network, O'Reilly's auto parts, Pizza
Hut, ChecksUnlimited.com, Shoe Carnival, McDade's Market, Firestone
Tires, USAFreePhone.com, Comcast, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Church's
Chicken, Serta Mattress Direct, Premier Care in Bathing Inc, walk in
bathtubs with the side door on them, Fred's Hometown Discount Store,
(Fred's Discount Stores first got started/originated in
Coldwater,Mississippi http://www.fredsinc.com ) and also a
letter from Motor Trend Magazine.

Currently, forty three degrees inside of my flower box on doggy's front
porch, bouque Lots of Bright Sunshine out thar, but also windy too.I am
going to wait untill the 12:00 PM WLBT channel 3 tv Noon News is done,
and I might get back to working on that tree stump in doggy's front
yard.
DATS DAT! The BIG NEWS O' the DAY.
cuhulin

Old February 24th 10, 07:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

UM Students want say in Mascot.
http://www.clarionledger.com

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre movie (one of my favorite old movies)
has started on the TCM channel.Still too cold and also windy outside to
suit me, to work on that tree stump, Ahh aint's in no big hurry anyway.I
am going to stay right here on doggy's couch and watch the movie.
Doggy, you wants ah cookie?
WOO WOO WOOF!
cuhulin