Old March 18th 10, 12:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default "Radio Is In Play For Gordon Gekko"

D. Peter Maus wrote:

It's not just Radio, or Media. It's damned near category. Consolidation
has brought together another "Era of Good Stealing."

Make no mistake, I'm a capitalist. Fully developed. To the bone. But
consolidation is a strategy that will not lead us to "Wall Street."

It will take us to "Rollerball."

"Rollerball" describe a society that was run by corporate entities.

....and our country is dangerously close to (if not already at) that
point: Fascism -- where Big Business IS the government.

Ironic that you are a fan of W and yet W was the best friend Big
Business ever had...and W did -more- than his share to bring us towards
your "Rollerball" state.
Old March 18th 10, 12:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Joe from Kokomo wrote:
D. Peter Maus wrote:

It's not just Radio, or Media. It's damned near category.
Consolidation has brought together another "Era of Good Stealing."

Make no mistake, I'm a capitalist. Fully developed. To the bone. But
consolidation is a strategy that will not lead us to "Wall Street."

It will take us to "Rollerball."

"Rollerball" describe a society that was run by corporate entities.

...and our country is dangerously close to (if not already at) that
point: Fascism -- where Big Business IS the government.

Ironic that you are a fan of W and yet W was the best friend Big
Business ever had...and W did -more- than his share to bring us towards
your "Rollerball" state.

This is nothing new.
Old March 18th 10, 03:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 3/18/10 07:16 , Joe from Kokomo wrote:
D. Peter Maus wrote:

It's not just Radio, or Media. It's damned near category.
Consolidation has brought together another "Era of Good Stealing."

Make no mistake, I'm a capitalist. Fully developed. To the bone. But
consolidation is a strategy that will not lead us to "Wall Street."

It will take us to "Rollerball."

"Rollerball" describe a society that was run by corporate entities.

...and our country is dangerously close to (if not already at) that
point: Fascism -- where Big Business IS the government.

Yes, I believe I said that.

Ironic that you are a fan of W and yet W was the best friend Big
Business ever had...and W did -more- than his share to bring us towards
your "Rollerball" state.

No irony at all. I am a big fan of W. But he made some serious
mistakes toward the end of his Presidency. The first bailout being one.

But, I'm a big fan of Business, too.

What concerns me is that the the administration previous to W, by
changing the accounting laws, which permitted Enron and Worldcom,
and by refusing to pass laws to protect the privacy of the
individual citizens, except through highly convoluted and impossible
to enforce 'opt out' mechanisms, and by creating the migration into
investment by banks, and the migration into banking by insurance
companies set the stage for the consolidation of banks and the
ultimate toppling of Finance created a non-governmental system for
gathering, collating and making available to government information
that government is not, itself, permitted to gather by
Constitutional provision. Creating the interchangeable overlords:
Government. Or Business.

There's a reason why so many of these rules existed. What the
previous administration to W realized is that by sidling up to
business, and changing these rules, not only could fortunes be made,
that would be beholden to the administration, but the side benefit
would be the realization of the administration's dream of a massive
database of personal, identifiable, and detailed information about
every citizen, something that Clinton campaigned on as a necessity
of reducing crime and aiding and abetting the police.

Of equal concern is the current administration's tight
relationship with Google, the very epicenter of anti-privacy business.

Old March 18th 10, 05:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

D. Peter Maus wrote:

Of equal concern is the current administration's tight relationship
with Google, the very epicenter of anti-privacy business.

Google's "Do no evil" motto is only as valid as that of the "Fair and
Balanced" outfit.

fauxy mike II

--

Densa International©
For the OTHER two percent.

Due to the insane amount of spam and garbage,
I block all postings with a Gmail, Google Mail,
Google Groups or Hotmail address.
I also filter everything from a .cn server.

For solutions which may work for you, please check: