Old April 7th 10, 01:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default SPECIAL: 'Climategate' probe clears scientists

On 4/6/2010 6:02 PM, wrote:
Prayers for the West Virginia coal Miners.
cuhulin

And prayers will do what exactly?
Old April 7th 10, 02:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

O Store Gud
http://rosemck1.tripod.com/how-great...-and-choir.wav

Have a little Homily.
cuhulin

Old April 7th 10, 02:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 6, 5:11*pm, BobS wrote:
On 4/6/2010 6:02 PM, wrote:

Prayers for the West Virginia coal Miners.
cuhulin

And prayers will do what exactly?

I do think it's pretty terrible that in the USA, in the year 2010, it
is possible for this kind of preventable accident to happen again.
That company ought to pay a lifetime of restitution to the families
whose breadwinners they recklessly employed.

Here is what doofus-in-charge Blankenship said:

"I think every accident should be prevented, that's what the
definition of an accident is," said Blankenship. "Once we know what
happened, we'll know whether it was preventable by someone or not."

This guy is a walking oxymoron. EVERY accident is preventable unless
it is deliberate sabotage. Period. No explosions occur where the
ventilation reduces the volatile gas level to low enough amounts, and
this company did not make the appropriate effort to ensure adequate
ventilation.

Bruce Jensen
Old April 7th 10, 04:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Schoolcraft,Michigan, in and around Kalamazoo.Six inches of hail, some
overturned vehicles, some of them are Big vehicles too.Yes, I just now
saw it on WJTV 10:00 PM tv news.

Ahh reckymembers ah old Kalamazoo song frum wayyyyyy bak enna dee 1950s
at ooosed tah bee onna dee radio oncet enna ah wyle.

K A L A M A Z O Ohhhhhhhhh,,,,, I have a gal in
Kalamazoooo,,,,,,,,

Heh,,, Ahh reckons y'all dunce nose dat old Kalamazoo song thangy.Ahh
noes dee Big Noise From Winetka song tuu.Winetka izza en Illynoise, knot
tuu furr frum Shecargo.
cuhulin

Old April 7th 10, 05:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 4/6/10 20:51 , bpnjensen wrote:
On Apr 6, 5:11 pm, wrote:
On 4/6/2010 6:02 PM, wrote:

[...]

Actually, coal dust is nearly as explosive as gas in the mines.

Old April 7th 10, 12:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 4/7/2010 12:33 AM, D. Peter Maus wrote:

Actually, coal dust is nearly as explosive as gas in the mines.

Yes it is -- and they were fined for that too, in addition to being
fined for not clearing the methane.

In any event and however you slice it (and as demonstrted by film clips
of the guy's own words), the guy seems to be a real slime ball. Another
example of greed run amok.

I wonder if the fine townsfolk of Montcoal will decide to tar and
feather Blankenship or at least run him out of town on a rail.
Old April 7th 10, 01:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 6, 5:11 pm, wrote:
On 4/6/2010 6:02 PM, wrote:

[...]

No doubt. I was just making the point that gas isn't the only
explosive in coal mining. And that explosions occur where gas may not.

One of the advantages of strip mining is that such preventatives
are more easily managed and implemented. Although, with the
disastrous impact on the local environment that strip mining is
known for.

I spend a summer every year, and occasional weekends the rest of
the year, doing photographic work for an immense global mining
company that's cleaning up sites they've inherited through the
acquisition of other companies.These sites aren't even their work,
and are often closed for decades prior to acquisition. And yet, the
company moves in, sets up community outreach offices, and begins
soil testing and remediation operations of their own volition, at
their own cost.

I get to see some of the profound scars left behind by these
operations, not only from the mining operations, but the ore
processing and subsequent smelting, as well. One waterway, recently
cleaned up, glowed orange before they began. Another had settled
toxic metal waste across the landscape for miles around a smelter
that hadn't been used since the 30's. The cleanup is extensive,
expensive, and meticulous. All of this being done voluntarily at the
company's own expense. My purpose is to document their work. For
newsletters, annual reports, and various filings.

Working closely with the departments within the company
addressing these areas, I get to see the commitment to the cause,
and the level of responsibility taken by these operations. It's an
amazing thing to see. An exciting thing to be a part of.

It's a shame this dickface in Virginia puts such a hideous face
on an industry in which there really are responsible players.

Old April 7th 10, 02:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

D. Peter Maus wrote:

Actually, coal dust is nearly as explosive as gas in the mines.

Or grain dust or sawdust or etc.
Old April 7th 10, 02:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

D. Peter Maus wrote:

I get to see some of the profound scars left behind by these operations,
not only from the mining operations, but the ore processing and
subsequent smelting, as well. One waterway, recently cleaned up, glowed
orange before they began. Another had settled toxic metal waste across
the landscape for miles around a smelter that hadn't been used since the
30's. The cleanup is extensive, expensive, and meticulous. All of this
being done voluntarily at the company's own expense. My purpose is to
document their work. For newsletters, annual reports, and various filings.

Such as tax credits? How magnanimous.
Old April 7th 10, 03:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Rudolph Diesel (Inventor of the Diesel engine) tried to run his Diesel
engine on Coal, Coal dust/powdered Coal,,, the engine blew up!

Back in the 1970s, Cadillac experimented with running an engine on
powdered Coal.I think it was a 1974 Cadillac car that the people at
Cadillac had rigged up to run on powdered Coal.I have an old auto
magazine floatin around here somewhere which has an article about the
Cadillac Coal car.

http://www.devilfinder.com
Will nuclear batteries power our cars?
cuhulin