Old April 4th 10, 07:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default A couple of Africans on 31 meters, 4 April 2010

Happy Easter, to those of you who so celebrate...I thought these
African signals were worth reporting, as I do not often hear them well
these days...

ZAMBIA (presumed): CVC International, Lusaka, 9430, 4 April 2010, 0554
- 0600 OTA. SINPO
= 45444 (really great!). EE broadcast with male announcer with
Christian music - very strong steady signal, OTA without station ID
after song fadeout. Matches latest A10 data.

GABON: Afrique Numero Une, 0610-?, 9580, SINPO = 22332, FF with news
items. Decent signal, QRM from ??? in form of noise.

Bruce Jensen
California, USA
Old April 4th 10, 11:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 3, 11:19*pm, bpnjensen wrote:
Happy Easter, to those of you who so celebrate...I thought these
African signals were worth reporting, as I do not often hear them well
these days...

ZAMBIA (presumed): CVC International, Lusaka, 9430, 4 April 2010, 0554
- 0600 OTA. *SINPO
= 45444 (really great!). *EE broadcast with male announcer with
Christian music - very strong steady signal, OTA without *station ID
after song fadeout. *Matches latest A10 data.

GABON: *Afrique Numero Une, 0610-?, 9580, SINPO = 22332, FF with news
items. *Decent signal, QRM from ??? in form of noise.

Bruce Jensen
California, USA

Here's another one!

EQUATORIAL GUINEA: R. Africa, 15190, 4 April 2010, 2150 onward, SINPO
= 25311. Obvious enthusiastic sermon through about 2200, station ID
at 2159, followed by folk-style (spiritual) religious music. Said to
be 50 kW to W. Africa. First time heard for this listener. Allied
SX-190, Alpha Delta DX Ultra. It's still on right now (2210, probably
thru 2300) if you want to try it.

Bruce Jensen
Old April 4th 10, 11:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

bpnjensen wrote:

[...]

Note that Radio Africa is via the Bata transmitter site and using the NASWA
Country List it counts as Equatorial Guinea - Rio Muni.

Another site is Malabo, which is the NASWA Country of Equatorial Guinea -
Fernando Poo.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old April 4th 10, 11:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 4, 3:27*pm, dxAce wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:
[...]

Interesting detail; so Bata is technically in Rio Muni? Gotta get out
the NGeo atlas...for Malabo too. Sounds like EG is divided into more
than one NASWA nation. Thanks!

Bruce
Old April 4th 10, 11:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

bpnjensen wrote:

On Apr 4, 3:27 pm, dxAce wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:
[...]

Yes, Bata is on the mainland whereas Malabo is on an island.

Old April 4th 10, 11:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Apr 4, 3:41*pm, dxAce wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:
On Apr 4, 3:27 pm, dxAce wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:
[...]

Awesome! Interesting that NASWA counts them as two countries - that
must date back to the colonial era.