Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 1st 10, 11:24 PM posted to talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.economics,alt.politics.usa,rec.radio.shortwave

Default The Correct Response...

You know, I've been reading posts in this thread, and it truly
amazes me that some of the very same people who _strongly resent_
the idea of the policeman on every street corner (or is it every
tenth of a street corner these days?) being able to "demand your
papers" (your ID) -- something I don't like either -- have _no_
problem _at all_ with the police state being able to demand not only
your ID but intimate details about your family and home life, and
every tiny detail of every financial transaction you have ever
engaged in, on pain of severe punishment (ultimately enforced by
uniformed goons with guns) when the Census man or the Internal
Revenue man comes to call.

Isn't the latter much worse than the former?

With every good wish,

Kevin Alfred Strom.
--
http://kevinalfredstrom.com/