Old May 17th 10, 05:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Good reasonable cost bedside SW receiver?

I used to keep up on radio tech but haven't for years.

What is a good reasonable cost bedside receiver for SW
use and maybe even ham, digital, etc?

Prefer a sleep timer as I like to get into bed and
listen to radio with sleep timer on.... but the local
AM/FM programming is crap!
Old May 17th 10, 08:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dave wrote:

I suggest a web radio.

I don't have Internet where I will be using this radio
Old May 17th 10, 08:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Geoffrey S. Mendelson"
wrote:

You will have to tune around, change freqeuncies and put up with noise
interference and fading (even with a sync detector).

All of which make SWL'ing fun, but could never make me fall asleep.

Good point

Thanks I will forget abt the idea

Old May 17th 10, 10:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dave wrote:

Wow. Is battery life an issue? I just heard about a new Crane/Sangean
portable, but it has a little cheese speaker. That and some little
powered speakers might work nice. Can you put up a full-size antenna?

No battery life not an issue... but just didn't think
the review on some of the portable units was very
good....hence maybe the desktop model?

Cant put up an outside antenna.
Old May 18th 10, 12:50 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On May 17, 12:04*pm, wrote:
"Geoffrey S. Mendelson"
wrote:

You will have to tune around, change freqeuncies and put up with noise
interference and fading (even with a sync detector).

All of which make SWL'ing fun, but could never make me fall asleep.

Good point

Thanks I will forget abt the idea

Free-to-Earth [GEO] Satellite and Radio
http://www.gofastmotorsports.com/rickssatellitehome.htm
North American C-Band and Ku-Band Satellites

"I Heard It On The Sat-Radio" ~ RHF
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...6873a0f937fbcc