Old June 10th 10, 10:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default OT - Warren Jeffs Cased is Dismissed

I can't say I am surprised. Both of the two girls decided not to
testify and the prosecution said "it just wouldn't be worth it" not
verbatim - but something like that. Pretty powerful guy IMO to duck
those charges.

What do you think BA? Do you think there was a chance a sweaty palm
full of money was exchanged?

Old June 10th 10, 10:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 10, 5:25*pm, bpnjensen wrote:
On Jun 10, 2:18*pm, Gregg wrote:

I can't say I am surprised. Both of the two girls decided not to
testify and the prosecution said "it just wouldn't be worth it" not
verbatim - but something like that. Pretty powerful guy IMO to duck
those charges.

What do you think BA? Do you think there was a chance a sweaty palm
full of money was exchanged?

???

Do you know what I'm talking about Bruce? The LDS leader, or one of
them like BA said.
Old June 10th 10, 10:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 10, 2:18*pm, Gregg wrote:

I can't say I am surprised. Both of the two girls decided not to
testify and the prosecution said "it just wouldn't be worth it" not
verbatim - but something like that. Pretty powerful guy IMO to duck
those charges.

What do you think BA? Do you think there was a chance a sweaty palm
full of money was exchanged?

???

The Texas case against polygamous church sect prophet Warren Jeffs
suddenly looms even larger than it did before after Arizona officials
decided to dismiss their charges Wednesday, according to a recent
article in the Wichita Falls Times and Record News newspaper.

Jeffs has been awaiting trial in a Mohave County, Arizona jail since
February 2008 for alleged crimes which occurred in that jurisdiction.

Jeffs, as the former leader of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus
Christ of Latter Day Saints(FLDS) is obviously the "big fish" among
all the defendants charged in the polygamous sect trials.

The Texas investigations were launched by Wichita Falls native Gregory
Abbott, who is currently the Attorney General for the State of Texas.

Abbott's AG personnel along with many Department of Public Safety
troopers, including several from the Wichita Falls office, raided the
FLDS compound at the YFZ Ranch, near San Angelo, Texas.

With the dismissal of the Arizona charges, prosecution of the group's
leader will be dependent on the Texas Attorney General's office and
other Texas prosecutors.

Two previous FLDS sect members were convicted by Texas juries and
sentenced to heavy prison time for their role in the activities
behind the walls of secrecy which surrounded the mysterious YFZ Ranch.
Merrill Leroy Jessop was recently convicted and sentenced to 75 years
in the Texas penitentiary by a jury near San Angelo, Texas, for crimes
committed at the YFZ Ranch, also as a result of the work by Gregory
Abbott's office.

The trial of yet another FLDS cult member Abram Harker Jeffs, 39,
commenced Wednesday morning with jury selection in Schleicher County,
Texas. Abram Harker Jeffs is charged with sexual assault of a child,
a first degree felony which is punishable by five to 99 years orlife
in prison and up to a $10,000 fine.

He was arrested in the raid on the compound near San Angelo, which was
orchestrated by Texas Attorney General Gregory Abbott.

Many Child Protective Services workers from Wichita Falls, Texas,
trekked westward to the YFZ compound at the time of the raid and took
custody of children suspected of being abused.

Wichita Falls attorney Dick Sutherland generously donated his time to
represent one of the children who was in the compound at the time of
the dramatic raid which dominated national headlines.

Anyone interested in reading other public safety and law enforcement
articles should click on the subscribe button above.

http://www.examiner.com/x-33602-Wich...ps-its-charges
Old June 10th 10, 11:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 10, 2:18*pm, Gregg wrote:

I can't say I am surprised. Both of the two girls decided not to
testify and the prosecution said "it just wouldn't be worth it" not
verbatim - but something like that. Pretty powerful guy IMO to duck
those charges.

What do you think BA? Do you think there was a chance a sweaty palm
full of money was exchanged?

???

Do you know what I'm talking about Bruce? The LDS leader, or one of
them like BA said.

Oh, THAT guy.

Another screwball IMHO. Who is BA?

Old June 11th 10, 12:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 10, 2:18*pm, Gregg wrote:

I can't say I am surprised. Both of the two girls decided not to
testify and the prosecution said "it just wouldn't be worth it" not
verbatim - but something like that. Pretty powerful guy IMO to duck
those charges.

What do you think BA? Do you think there was a chance a sweaty palm
full of money was exchanged?

???

Do you know what I'm talking about Bruce? The LDS leader, or one of
them like BA said.

Oh, THAT guy.

Another screwball IMHO. *Who is BA?- Hide quoted text -

Bruce,

BA is BrendaAnn, a long-time group member. She's a pretty straight
shooter and I believe she had some encounters with the LDS earlier in
her life.

Mark this day on your calendar. I think Gregg and I agree that AZ
dismissal of charges against Jeffs seems fishy. But he still has to
deal with charges of child sexual abuse in TX. The FLDS can be
incredibly intimidating against any young women choosing to testify
against Jeffs.

Time to get back to the beginning of my DX vacation!

Mike
Old June 11th 10, 08:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 10, 2:18 pm, Gregg wrote:

[...]

Your time would probably be better spent trying to obtain that PhD that you'd
previously lied about having.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old June 11th 10, 11:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 10, 2:18 pm, Gregg wrote:

[...]

USA- Hide quoted text -

See, already broke his promise...lol. I guess in his twisted psyche,
if it's a "suck up" post it doesn't count. Now watch him try his ole'
twist and turn and shuck and jive. See, when he "plays" nice, it's all
good in his mind. "Boggles the mind" per the Prosecuting Attorney
towards MB in Utah. Scream into that tape recorder all debate
style...what a hoot.

Old June 11th 10, 11:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 10, 2:18 pm, Gregg wrote:

[...]

style...what a hoot.- Hide quoted text -

Gee, I was just answering Bruce's question. No insults, no drama.
Obviously, I misunderstood the depth of your resentment. I'm truly
sorry that you are so offended by me that I can't even agree
with you in a post. So, is part of the deal that I can't even post in
thread where you make a comment?

Please get a grp and stop this nonsense.

Old June 11th 10, 11:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 10, 2:18 pm, Gregg wrote:

[...]

You need to get a 'grp' and a 'PhD'.

LOL