Old August 1st 10, 08:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default DX by waterfall: you'll hear more

dxAce wrote:

You're certainly on the cutting edge of being a real 'Tard Boy.

One thing is certain Dave, you'd not know real radio, even if a Collins KW-1
made its way up your ass and spent the winter.

The first job I had in radio was running an all Collins 5 KW station in
my hometown. Collins transmitter, Collins board, Collins limiter,
Collins turntables, etc. That would be 1964.

Again, AM radio. You can receive it on dental work.

Old August 2nd 10, 10:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Aug 1, 7:47*am, dave wrote:
RHF wrote:
On Jul 31, 7:22 am, Joe from *wrote:

Yeah - It's called Radio.
-wrt- AM&FM Radio DXing

- If you see it with your eyes, it's not DX?

Yeah - It's called TV.
-wrt- TV Station DXing

http://www.w8dc.org/grr_tech_corner/psk31.htm

- If you want to be on the cutting edge of hardware
- you have to move beyond 50 thousand Watt AM radio.

"be 'on' the cutting edge of hardware" is a ride on
the Razor's Edge that I don't care to take.

Dave - AM/MW DXing is just that, simply listening
to the Radio and enjoying yourself as many have
done for almost a 100 Years. ~ RHF
* You & Time
** The AM/MW Radio
*** The AM/MW Antenna
**** The AM/MW Radio Station
Old August 2nd 10, 10:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Aug 1, 12:38*pm, dave wrote:
dxAce wrote:

You're certainly on the cutting edge of being a real 'Tard Boy.

One thing is certain Dave, you'd not know real radio, even if a Collins KW-1
made its way up your ass and spent the winter.

The first job I had in radio was running an all Collins 5 KW station in
my hometown. *Collins transmitter, Collins board, Collins limiter,
Collins turntables, etc. *That would be 1964.

- Again, AM radio. You can receive it on dental work.

Dave - Get a better Dentist ;;-}} ~ RHF
Old August 2nd 10, 08:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default West Coast reception of East Coast BCB's

"dave" wrote in message
. ..
VegasNightOwl wrote:

I guess the 9 times I copied it wasn't too bad considering it was a car
radio driving home. I'm sure with a better setup, many more could be
copied.

VegasNightOwl

It's nothing compared to "Morning Edition" on the FM. Pretty much
wall-to-wall from 88.1-91.9

Or "All Things Considered" in the afternoon. NPR has a very high presence
in the "educational channels" of the FM band. Since it is cheap for the
stations to carry them and it's a "public service", why not.

VegasNightOwl

Old August 3rd 10, 02:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Build some Crystal Radios.
http://www.hobbytech.com/crystalradio/crystalradio.htm
cuhulin

Old August 3rd 10, 02:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

VegasNightOwl wrote:
wrote in message
. ..
VegasNightOwl wrote:

I guess the 9 times I copied it wasn't too bad considering it was a car
radio driving home. I'm sure with a better setup, many more could be
copied.

VegasNightOwl

It's nothing compared to "Morning Edition" on the FM. Pretty much
wall-to-wall from 88.1-91.9

Or "All Things Considered" in the afternoon. NPR has a very high presence
in the "educational channels" of the FM band. Since it is cheap for the
stations to carry them and it's a "public service", why not.

VegasNightOwl

NPR is not cheap if you carry the news magazines. Well into 5 figures
at least.
Old August 3rd 10, 02:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

CHP Patrol Car Radio History
http://www.wb6nvh.com/chpradio.htm

CHIPS.

I have three old Motorola patrol car radios.I bought them at the
Goodwill store about fifteen years ago.
cuhulin

Old August 3rd 10, 08:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dave" wrote in message
. ..
VegasNightOwl wrote:
wrote in message
. ..
VegasNightOwl wrote:

I guess the 9 times I copied it wasn't too bad considering it was a car
radio driving home. I'm sure with a better setup, many more could be
copied.

VegasNightOwl

It's nothing compared to "Morning Edition" on the FM. Pretty much
wall-to-wall from 88.1-91.9

Or "All Things Considered" in the afternoon. NPR has a very high
presence
in the "educational channels" of the FM band. Since it is cheap for the
stations to carry them and it's a "public service", why not.

VegasNightOwl

NPR is not cheap if you carry the news magazines. Well into 5 figures at
least.

None of the Public Broadcasting System publications or DVD's are cheap.
Namely to cover publication costs and whatever is left over becomes a
"donation". However, programming as a whole is fairly cheap compared to
commercial broadcasts. That's what I was trying to say.

VegasNightOwl

Old August 3rd 10, 10:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Wondering About Real "Fairness" on the AM & FM Radio Bands for All

On Aug 2, 5:40*am, dave wrote:
VegasNightOwl wrote:

I guess the 9 times I copied it wasn't too bad considering it was a car
radio driving home. *I'm sure with a better setup, many more could be
copied.

VegasNightOwl

- It's nothing compared to "Morning Edition" on the
- FM. Pretty much wall-to-wall from 88.1-91.9

Dave,

Yes the almost complete and total Liberal Monopoly
of so-called Pubic {Non-Profit} Radio Stations and
NPR is well known.

NPR - Oh the Silence of the Conservatives !

Note - The Real Reason that Air America Radio FAILED
is that Liberals ans Progressives already have three-times
[3X]** as Radio Stations broadcasting the the Left-Wing
Talikng Points as Rush and the Next top 20 Right-Wing
Conservative Talkers combined.
** That Is Not Fairness That's Liberal Slant & Bias [.]

What If the so-called Fairness Doctrine* was applied
to NPR and the Pubic {Non-Profit} Radio Stations and
each had to Air One Hours of The Top 21 Conservative
Talkers a Week @ 3-Hours a Day and 7-Days a Week
* As Liberals want to do to Conservative Talk AM Radio.

Giving less-than Equal Time {~12.5%}* for Truly All
American Conservative Voices on NPR and Pubic
{Non-Profit} Radio Stations.
* While Liberals want Equal Time [50/50] for every Hour
of Conservative Talk Radio.

What If Local Committees* from the Minority {Right}
Conservative Community where empowered to challenge
the Public Service to the Minority Conservative Radio
Listeners of each and every NPR and Pubic {Non-Profit}
Radio Stations ? ? ?
* As Liberals want to do to Conservative Talk AM Radio.

Oops "The Slant" of NPR and Pubic {Non-Profit} Radio Stations

Oops "The Bias" of NPR and Pubic {Non-Profit} Radio Stations

Oops "The Agenda" of NPR and Pubic {Non-Profit} Radio Stations

Oops "The Un-Fairness" of NPR and Pubic {Non-Profit} Radio Stations

wondering about real 'f a i r n e s s' on both
the am & fm radio bands for all ~ RHF
Old August 3rd 10, 10:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default National Public Radio [NPR] Programming : It Goes To Bias . . .

On Aug 2, 12:28*pm, "VegasNightOwl"
wrote:
"dave" wrote in message

. ..

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...49b6e6a8fc8cbb

- Or "All Things Considered" in the afternoon.
-*NPR has a very high presence in the
- "educational channels" of the FM band.
- Since it is cheap for the stations to carry them
- and it's a "public service", why not.
-
- VegasNightOwl

VNO,

Cause it is Liberal Progressive Propaganda without
an honest Conservative Voice to bring 'balance' to
the Topics and View Points presented as News and
Information {Liberal Opinion}.

The so-called "Educational Channels" are in-fact
Liberal Progressive Indoctrination Lesions paid for
indirctly by all the US Tax Payers which cheat the
Ring-Wing Conservative US Citizens of an Equal
Voice in what is being presented as the Whole
Truth when selected 'half-truths' are being preached
at NPR Listeners as the only facts worth considering.

end of rant about npr's liberal bias* ~ RHF
* some would even go as far to say that
npr preaches disrespect and 'hate' against
'the-right-wing and conservatives.