Old September 2nd 10, 12:18 AM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

Default ETON CORP FINALLY UNDER INVESTIGATION - LMFAO!!!!

Plaintiff law firms that specialize in class action suits typically
trawl for groups of people with a common complaint about a particular
service or product. In this case, attorneys from Keefe Bartels seem be
homing in on Web forum posts about poor performance from HD Radios
included in high-end BMW and Jaguar OEM audio packages.

http://radiomagonline.com/digital_ra...o-lemons-0901/

LOL! Trawlers! LOL!
Sounds just like the hype used to promote shortwave radios.
I think I'll start an investigation into Eton Corporation and their
sour lemons.
Should be lucrative.
Old September 2nd 10, 12:48 AM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 1, 7:18*pm, "Chas. Chan" wrote:
Plaintiff law firms that specialize in class action suits typically
trawl for groups of people with a common complaint about a particular
service or product. In this case, attorneys from Keefe Bartels seem be
homing in on Web forum posts about poor performance from HD Radios
included in high-end BMW and Jaguar OEM audio packages.

http://radiomagonline.com/digital_ra...o-lemons-0901/

LOL! *Trawlers! *LOL!
Sounds just like the hype used to promote shortwave radios.
I think I'll start an investigation into Eton Corporation and their
sour lemons.
Should be lucrative.

Don't worry, I have it posted, and word will spread from forums such
as radio-info:

http://boards.radio-info.com/smf/ind...topic=174886.0

Broadcasters that got stiffed by iBiquity could also get involved.
This will be enough to scare any new automakers away - LOL!
Old September 2nd 10, 12:50 AM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

Default IBIQUITY FINALLY UNDER INVESTIGATION - LMFAO!!!! Options

On Sep 1, 7:18*pm, "Chas. Chan" wrote:
Plaintiff law firms that specialize in class action suits typically
trawl for groups of people with a common complaint about a particular
service or product. In this case, attorneys from Keefe Bartels seem be
homing in on Web forum posts about poor performance from HD Radios
included in high-end BMW and Jaguar OEM audio packages.

http://radiomagonline.com/digital_ra...o-lemons-0901/

LOL! *Trawlers! *LOL!
Sounds just like the hype used to promote shortwave radios.
I think I'll start an investigation into Eton Corporation and their
sour lemons.
Should be lucrative.

Let's change that subject back.
Old September 2nd 10, 02:44 AM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default IBOC - iBiquity Finally Under Investigation -LMFAO- Lawsuit MostLikely Going Nowhere

On Sep 1, 4:48*pm, DigitalRadioScams
wrote:
[...]

Most likely this will go no-where, no-how &
no-ways for the following reasons :

1 - The Car Owners bought their Cars from
Car Dealers.

2 - The Car Dealers bought their Cars from
the Auto Manufacturers.

3 - The Auto Manufactures bought their HD-Radios
from the OEM HD-Radio Manufacturers.

4 - It is the individual OEM HD- Radio Manufacturers
that in-fact built the Radios to accomplish the IBOC
Specification that was Developed by iBiquity Corp.

5 - iBiquity Corp. Developed the IBOC Specification
which gained Technical Approval of the FCC.

Conclusion : Most likely it is the OEM HD-Radio
Manufacturers that will bear the brunt of any
Lawsuit as to whether their Equipment actually
'conforms' to the IBOC Specification that was
Developed by iBiquity Corp.

Oops ! - Every Radio that I ever bought never came
with a Guarantee of 100% Radio Reception be it :
Analog AM/MW -or- Analog FM -or- Analog Shortwave.

For That Matter - I Do NOT Recall iBiquity Corp. touting
IBOC HD-Radio as being perfect and providing 100%
Radio Reception at all times; in all locations.

Also - I Do NOT Recall that the FCC in it's Technical
Approval of IBOC HD-Radio making any claims that
IBOC was perfect and would provide 100% Radio
Reception at all times; in all locations. Hey I don't
even recall the FCC making that claim for Analog
AM/MW and FM Radios and the old tried and true
Analog AM & FM Broadcast Systems.

Lastly the Technical Aspects of IBOC imply that
there will NOT be 100% Radio Reception : with a
Preferred {Primary} Digital Mode dropping back
to the old standard Analog {Secondary} Mode
-if- the Digital Signal can not be received due to
your location. Oops a lot of the time when this
happens the Analog Signal can not be receive
either -why- Again to you location not any Defect
in the HD-Radio; the Car; or the Radio Station.
Simply because of your Location. Hey may be
you could Sue your Location -rotfl- ~ RHF

Now remember I have Praised and Bashed IBOC
HD-Radio and iBiquity Corp. because I Live in
"The-Land-of-the-Blinking-Blue-Light [No Digital
Signal Lock] far away from the California Central
Valley's IBOC HD-Radio Stations and it is "My
Location" that is the Problem; because I am
'located' beyond the range of the current 1%
Digital Signal; with an increase to 4%~10%
Digital Signal LeveI : I do expect that IBOC
HD-Radio reception will improve -but- Only Time
and Higher Digital Power will tell.

-wrt- Radio Reception and Real-Estate it usually
comes down to : location, Location. LOCATION !

don't count your lawsuits before they pay out ~ RHF
Old September 2nd 10, 03:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default IBOC - iBiquity Finally Under Investigation -LMFAO- LawsuitMos...

Just think of the millions of vehicles that will be recalled to have
Good radios installed in them.
cuhulin

Old September 2nd 10, 03:46 AM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

[...]

*.

"A completely predictable development...unless you still wear rose-
colored glasses with an HD receiver built into the frames. Anyone who
has sold cars for more than five minutes could have told anyone who
would listen that saddling high-end buyers with ANY piece of the car
that isn't 100% results in a high-end buyer who will be looking
elsewhere next time. In this case the problem is compounded because
not only do you have radios whose owners will perceive "this doesn't
work," but you also have the warranty-replacement radios not working
either, because the issues are with the system design and not the
execution. Those who take the time to complain will only be placated
with a non-HD radio, and as soon as those types of warranty work hit
critical mass, kiss HD goodbye in high-end cars."

http://boards.radio-info.com/smf/ind...784#msg1514784

iBiquity is ****ed either way - LMFAO!!!
Old September 2nd 10, 03:49 AM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

[...]

iBiquity is ****ed either way! Bend over, Bob -
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's see a criminal investigation, too, for
fraud!!!!
Old September 2nd 10, 05:31 AM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Old September 2nd 10, 02:54 PM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

DigitalRadioScams wrote:

"A completely predictable development...unless you still wear rose-
colored glasses with an HD receiver built into the frames. Anyone who
has sold cars for more than five minutes could have told anyone who
would listen that saddling high-end buyers with ANY piece of the car
that isn't 100% results in a high-end buyer who will be looking
elsewhere next time. In this case the problem is compounded because
not only do you have radios whose owners will perceive "this doesn't
work," but you also have the warranty-replacement radios not working
either, because the issues are with the system design and not the
execution. Those who take the time to complain will only be placated
with a non-HD radio, and as soon as those types of warranty work hit
critical mass, kiss HD goodbye in high-end cars."

Wonder if that is part of the reason why we see so few cars over here
with DAB fitted as standard.

On cheaper cars, it would be the extra cost that would put them off
fitting DAB as standard. On high end cars presumably the cost is less of
an issue, but then they are not going to want to fit something that
sounds like sh*t in a high end car.

http://boards.radio-info.com/smf/ind...784#msg1514784

iBiquity is ****ed either way! Bend over, Bob -
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's see a criminal investigation, too, for
fraud!!!!

Well if it brings the general public's attention to the problem, then
HD-Radio sales might end up even worse than they are today.

Perhaps if you are very very lucky, it may end up being a reason to drop
HD-Radio, and develop a proper digital radio system.

Richard E.
Old September 2nd 10, 03:55 PM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

http://boards.radio-info.com/smf/ind....msg1514784#ms....

iBiquity is ****ed either way! Bend over, Bob -
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's see a criminal investigation, too, for
fraud!!!!

Well if it brings the general public's attention to the problem, then
HD-Radio sales might end up even worse than they are today.

Perhaps if you are very very lucky, it may end up being a reason to drop
HD-Radio, and develop a proper digital radio system.

Richard E.

The point of the law firm is that aotomakers such as BMW know about
the HD Radio problems (via a service bulletin issued in 2007), yet
continue to sell this defective product as standard, driving up the
cost of their automobiles. I also know a particular broadcaster, and
others, that are getting involved over loss of ad revenue from IBLOCK
interference, and stations that got duped by iBiquity's false claims.
I hope this excalates into a full-blown investigation, and I can see
other firms getting involved. It's not only involving consumers, but
also broadcasters. This negative oublicity will inform and scare aware
consumers, and any new automakers who were thinking about HD Radio -
no way wil they position themselves into a potential lawsuit. This
firm knows what they are doing, and it will be the begenning of the
end for IBLOCK.