Old October 13th 10, 05:40 PM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

Default Another Bob Struble ripoff - Insignia Buyers May Not Get The Picture

""Insignia Buyers May Not Get The Picture"

"The new Insignia HD Radio portable, which includes images and live
pause that can cache up to 15 minutes of live radio, will arrive in
Best Buy stores October 24. Priced at $69, it costs $20 more than the
previous model. But for buyers in some cities a key feature may be
months or years away.""

http://www.insideradio.com//Article....071&spid=32061
Old October 13th 10, 10:56 PM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default IBOC : One Transitional 'Path' for Radio Listeners to Migrate to HD-Radios

On Oct 13, 1:43*pm, "D. Peter Maus" wrote:
- - On 10/13/10 13:33 , SMS wrote:
- - Most people want HD in their vehicles and homes.

-*No.
- MOST people don't want Hybrid Digital Radio, at all.
- That's part of the problem.

DPM - Yeah they may not want HD-Radio in the
Car/Truck but . . .

Like the Brand and type of Tires on a New Car/Truck
most people take what comes with the Car/Truck.

-If- the Car/Truck comes from the Factory with a HD-Radio
in it : That what they listen to . . .

-If- the Car/Truck comes from the Factory with a SAT-Radio
in it : That what they listen to . . . at least for the trial
subscription period.

One of the main transitional 'paths' for Radio Listeners
to migrate to HD-Radio is the new Car/Truck Factory
Installs and within a Decade most Cars/Trucks
'on-the-road' will have a HD-Radio in them with
many/most of those Drivers and Passengers listening
to their Audio Content on a HD-Radio.

FWIW my Sister just bought a 'new' {end-of-the-year}
2010 Ford Explorer with both Sirius SAT-Radio and
SYNC-In-Car; that were installed at the Factory :
http://media.fordvehicles.com/articl...ticle_id=31668
* She does not Drive with the Radio 'On' -rotfl-
* She turns her Cellphone 'Off' when she Drives.

not any testament-to or endorsement-of
hd-radios : just kicking the tires ;-} ~ RHF
Old October 14th 10, 12:23 AM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave
SMS SMS is offline

On 10/13/2010 4:28 PM, dave wrote:
D. Peter Maus wrote:
On 10/13/10 13:33 , SMS wrote:
Most people want HD in their vehicles and homes.

No. MOST people don't want Hybrid Digital Radio, at all. That's part of
the problem.

I get all the HD radio channels via AOL Radio (CBS) or I Heart Radio
(Clear Channel) at home via the web. Why bother with a costly tuner?

It's mobile where it's most important. And you do _not_ get all the HD
Radio channels vial AOL or Clear Channel, far from it.

And of course a tuner is not costly either. That's three errors of fact
in one statement!

Old October 14th 10, 12:29 AM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

D. Peter Maus wrote:
On 10/13/10 13:33 , SMS wrote:
Most people want HD in their vehicles and homes.

No. MOST people don't want Hybrid Digital Radio, at all. That's part of
the problem.

I get all the HD radio channels via AOL Radio (CBS) or I Heart Radio
(Clear Channel) at home via the web. Why bother with a costly tuner?

It's mobile where it's most important.

Actually, that's not true, either. Only about 30% of listening is
done in the car.

Old October 15th 10, 08:01 AM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

D. Peter Maus wrote:
On 10/13/10 13:33 , SMS wrote:
Most people want HD in their vehicles and homes.

No. MOST people don't want Hybrid Digital Radio, at all. That's part of
the problem.

I get all the HD radio channels via AOL Radio (CBS) or I Heart Radio
(Clear Channel) at home via the web. Why bother with a costly tuner?

It's mobile where it's most important.

Actually, that's not true, either. Only about 30% of listening is
done in the car.

DPM - That 30% would be a 'rough' Average with
a few nearer 0% and others nearer 100%

Many people that I know who Commute to Work
and use their Cars/SUVs a lot : Do closer to
2-out-of-3 or 3-out-of-4 of their Radio Listening
15 Minute Segments in their Autos and usually
Only Listen to the Radio in the AM Hours prior
to leaving for Work. Many/Most can not have
a Radio 'On' during Working Hours. At Home
after Work, they are TV Watchers' and the
Radio waits... until the next morning. ~ RHF
.

.

You miss what I'm saying, Roy. Damned near everyone uses radio in a
car. But that's listening only in the car. And that usage only comes
to about 30% of the total usage of radio. The other 70% of
listening, according to research, including the ratings surveys, is
done at home, at work, or other usage that's not in cars. The bulk
of it being done in the home.

Automobile listening is actually a secondary usage of radio.

Old October 15th 10, 07:27 PM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Oct 15, 12:01*am, "D. Peter Maus" wrote:
On 10/13/10 20:26 , RHF wrote:

D. Peter Maus wrote:
On 10/13/10 13:33 , SMS wrote:
Most people want HD in their vehicles and homes.

No. MOST people don't want Hybrid Digital Radio, at all. That's part of
the problem.

I get all the HD radio channels via AOL Radio (CBS) or I Heart Radio
(Clear Channel) at home via the web. Why bother with a costly tuner?

- - - - It's mobile where it's most important.

Yes 'Mobile' is one of the key : : :
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...32dd593ed3a925

- - - Actually, that's not true, either.
- - - Only about 30% of listening is done in the car.

- - DPM - That 30% would be a 'rough' Average with
- - a few nearer 0% and others nearer 100%
- -
- - Many people that I know who Commute to Work
- - and use their Cars/SUVs a lot : Do closer to
- - 2-out-of-3 or 3-out-of-4 of their Radio Listening
- - 15 Minute Segments in their Autos and usually
- - Only Listen to the Radio in the AM Hours prior
- - to leaving for Work. *Many/Most can not have
- - a Radio 'On' during Working Hours. *At Home
- - after Work, they are TV Watchers' and the
- - Radio waits... until the next morning. ~ RHF

- You miss what I'm saying, Roy. *Damned near everyone uses radio in a
- car. But that's listening only in the car. And that usage only comes
- to about 30% of the total usage of radio. The other 70% of
- listening, according to research, including the ratings surveys, is
- done at home, at work, or other usage that's not in cars. The bulk
- of it being done in the home.
-
- * *Automobile listening is actually a secondary usage of radio.

DPM - No I do understand and agree with what
you are saying : That On-Average the Averages
tell us that roughly 30% of the 15 Minute Radio
Listening Segments are done in-the-automobile.
Based on the larger 'great sample' population.
-but- What I was simply point-out was that within
the big sample were 'individuals' who were closer
to the extremes 0% and 100%; and identified one
radio listening lifestyle* that could account for that.

* Note my Sister will not have a Radio 'On' when
she is Driving her SUV; and I use a Pocket Radio
with Headphones when I am a Passenger in her Car.

~ RHF
Old October 15th 10, 09:56 PM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Oct 15, 12:18*pm, Steve wrote:
On Oct 13, 12:40*pm, BobTheFraudStruble wrote:

""Insignia Buyers May Not Get The Picture"

"The new Insignia HD Radio portable, which includes images and live
pause that can cache up to 15 minutes of live radio, will arrive in
Best Buy stores October 24. Priced at $69, it costs $20 more than the
previous model. But for buyers in some cities a key feature may be
months or years away.""

http://www.insideradio.com//Article....071&spid=32061

Astounding that they're still trying to sell these things. It's been a
long time since I've seen a product that's so behind the times and
marketed in such apparent ignorance of the starkest business
realities.

- What will their next product line be?

- Dot matrix printers?

Still good for Connecting-the-Dots ::-}}

- Black and white televisions?

Every Vivid 'Color' HDTV is still a Black-&-White TV
with the right Programming and Signal ;;-}} ~ RHF
Old October 16th 10, 04:47 AM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 15, 3:18*pm, Steve wrote:
On Oct 13, 12:40*pm, BobTheFraudStruble wrote:

""Insignia Buyers May Not Get The Picture"

"The new Insignia HD Radio portable, which includes images and live
pause that can cache up to 15 minutes of live radio, will arrive in
Best Buy stores October 24. Priced at $69, it costs $20 more than the
previous model. But for buyers in some cities a key feature may be
months or years away.""

http://www.insideradio.com//Article....071&spid=32061

Astounding that they're still trying to sell these things. It's been a
long time since I've seen a product that's so behind the times and
marketed in such apparent ignorance of the starkest business
realities. What will their next product line be? Dot matrix printers?
Black and white televisions?

UHF TV tuners ! 23 channel AM CB!