Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 1st 11, 01:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default "New" Satellit 800 testing

Perhaps this is a strange question but how does one test the
performance of a radio receiver? I can easily listen to AM B'cast and
FM but since SW frequencies are more sensitive to times of the day,
what is the standard? Let me preface this by saying I've not done any
SWL activities in YEARS and just bought this receiver on a whim ($
burning hole in pocket etc etc etc) . Is WWV the best standard to use
for SW frequencies? Help the new "kid" please! (We'll get into
antennae later)!