Old January 15th 11, 02:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Is Sun finally waking up?

Oh Lord, please send me plasma and UV radiation...

http://www.solarcycle24.com/pictures/archive/jan13.gif
Old January 15th 11, 05:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Space junk is Always Raining down on Planet Earth, Space dust, Space
Meteorites.It has been doing that for Billions of Years and will be
doing that for Billions of Years More.Earth gets Larger every
Day.Everything is made of Space junk.The whole Universe is made of Space
junk.It is all junk.

In Space, Nobody Can Hear You Scream.
I scream, you scream, we all scream for Icecream.
cuhulin, 'e am noo really here

Old January 15th 11, 06:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 1/15/2011 10:05 AM, dave wrote:

We're actually running into the space junk as we hurtle 80,000 miles an
hour around the Sun. The entire Solar System is moving too, but I forgot
how fast.

As you stand on the earth, you are moving at over 1,000 MPH. As, the
earth is over 25,000 miles in diameter, it makes one revolution (turn)
in 24 Hrs.

When the first cars were developed, there was some discussion at just
how fast man could travel without harm ... lol

Regards,
JS
Old January 15th 11, 06:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bw bw is offline

"John Smith" wrote in message
On 1/15/2011 10:05 AM, dave wrote:

We're actually running into the space junk as we hurtle 80,000 miles an
hour around the Sun. The entire Solar System is moving too, but I forgot
how fast.

As you stand on the earth, you are moving at over 1,000 MPH. As, the
earth is over 25,000 miles in diameter, it makes one revolution (turn) in
24 Hrs.

Only if you are standing on the Equator.

Old January 15th 11, 06:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 1/15/2011 10:33 AM, bw wrote:
"John wrote in message
On 1/15/2011 10:05 AM, dave wrote:

We're actually running into the space junk as we hurtle 80,000 miles an
hour around the Sun. The entire Solar System is moving too, but I forgot
how fast.

As you stand on the earth, you are moving at over 1,000 MPH. As, the
earth is over 25,000 miles in diameter, it makes one revolution (turn) in
24 Hrs.

Only if you are standing on the Equator.

Actually, a much wider band than that, due to the tilt the earth
"wobbles" at ...

Regards,
JS

Finally... jacquesq Shortwave 1 November 10th 06 04:24 PM
Finally! Ed Cregger Antenna 3 July 11th 04 04:57 AM
UAE finally audible in US huh1948 Shortwave 8 April 25th 04 04:58 AM
Finally heard some SSB Love2camp5 Shortwave 12 March 13th 04 06:30 AM