Old January 30th 11, 02:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Hitler's Radio War

Members of this group may be interested to know that my book 'Hitler's
Radio War' will be published on January 31. This new, illustrated work
is a study of the external service of the Nazi wartime radio and the
'pesonalities' who worked for it. Topics covered include Lord Haw-
Haw, Axis Sally and Mary of Arnhem, as well as Germany's overt and
clandestine broadcasts to Britain, the United States, the Soviet
Union, the Middle East and other areas of the world. There is also a
chapter on the Nazis' use of jazz and swing music to 'sway' overseas
audiences in a direction favourable to the Nazis. Finally, the book
attempts to guage the success of Nazi radio propaganda to the various
target audiences.

'Hitler's Radio War' , published in London by Robert Hale Ltd, is
available from all good book shops and online book sellers. Roger Tidy
Old January 30th 11, 02:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 01/30/2011 06:15 AM, Roger wrote:
Members of this group may be interested to know that my book 'Hitler's
Radio War' will be published on January 31. This new, illustrated work
is a study of the external service of the Nazi wartime radio and the
'pesonalities' who worked for it. Topics covered include Lord Haw-
Haw, Axis Sally and Mary of Arnhem, as well as Germany's overt and
clandestine broadcasts to Britain, the United States, the Soviet
Union, the Middle East and other areas of the world. There is also a
chapter on the Nazis' use of jazz and swing music to 'sway' overseas
audiences in a direction favourable to the Nazis. Finally, the book
attempts to guage the success of Nazi radio propaganda to the various
target audiences.

'Hitler's Radio War' , published in London by Robert Hale Ltd, is
available from all good book shops and online book sellers. Roger Tidy

How'd that whole Hitler thing work out, anyway? You don't hear much
about the dear fellow these days...
Old January 30th 11, 06:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 11-01-30 07:39 AM, dave wrote:

'Hitler's Radio War' , published in London by Robert Hale Ltd, is
available from all good book shops and online book sellers. Roger Tidy

How'd that whole Hitler thing work out, anyway? You don't hear much
about the dear fellow these days...

A victim of the ratings game, no doubt. The target audiences can be SO
fickle.

Eduardo has an explanation and I'd like to hear it. I miss him and still
admire how well he handled the juvenile attacks. A class act.

I'll be keeping an eye out for the book. I hope it matches my
Teutonic/Uhlan decor.

mike
Old January 30th 11, 07:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 1/30/2011 9:15 AM, Roger wrote:
Members of this group may be interested to know that my book 'Hitler's
Radio War' will be published on January 31. This new, illustrated work
is a study of the external service of the Nazi wartime radio and the
'pesonalities' who worked for it. Topics covered include Lord Haw-
Haw, Axis Sally and Mary of Arnhem, as well as Germany's overt and
clandestine broadcasts to Britain, the United States, the Soviet
Union, the Middle East and other areas of the world. There is also a
chapter on the Nazis' use of jazz and swing music to 'sway' overseas
audiences in a direction favourable to the Nazis. Finally, the book
attempts to guage the success of Nazi radio propaganda to the various
target audiences.

'Hitler's Radio War' , published in London by Robert Hale Ltd, is
available from all good book shops and online book sellers. Roger Tidy

Roger.

Thank you for this. I, for one, was interested in this subject. we
have a state-side pirate, who plays clips from those dark days. you may
also want to contact the NASWA club, they do many book reviews on radio,
etc, subjects. -www.naswa.net-.

(gotta say it)

"GO STEELERS"

Drifter...
Old February 1st 11, 03:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

There was a vintage radio restorer who had some WWII german table
radios for sale on his webpage. Some bands were limited to tuning only
one or two approved frequencies. He is at rgbent dot come online (r g
bent enterprises).