Old February 5th 11, 01:45 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Tierra Del Fuego on my new loop antenna

LU9XT 10145.5 KHz psk31 0140 Saturday 34.4, -118.4 (still using the R75)
6,853 miles
Old February 5th 11, 02:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Feb 4, 5:45*pm, dave wrote:

- LU9XT 10145.5 KHz psk31 0140 Saturday
- 34.4, -118.4 (still using the R75)
- 6,853 miles

Dave

Please describe {tell us more about} this new Loop Antenna.

iwtk ~ RHF
Old February 5th 11, 02:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 02/04/2011 06:10 PM, RHF wrote:
On Feb 4, 5:45 pm, wrote:

- LU9XT 10145.5 KHz psk31 0140 Saturday
- 34.4, -118.4 (still using the R75)
- 6,853 miles

Dave

Please describe {tell us more about} this new Loop Antenna.

iwtk ~ RHF
.

99 feet of THHN 14g stranded wire, LDG 4:1 Balun. 10-12 ft. in the air.
Old February 5th 11, 01:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 4, 5:45 pm, wrote:

- LU9XT 10145.5 KHz psk31 0140 Saturday
- 34.4, -118.4 (still using the R75)
- 6,853 miles

Dave

Please describe {tell us more about} this new Loop Antenna.

iwtk ~ RHF
.

99 feet of THHN 14g stranded wire, LDG 4:1 Balun. 10-12 ft. in the air.

Awesome!

It's theoretically a circle with a diameter of 99/3.1416 feet, which
fits in the part of the back yard you can't see from the patio
(important to some). It doesn't seem to mind being around other wire
antennas too much. I'm going to start building one twice as big for the
roof; I don't think I'll use red 14g wire this time.
Old February 5th 11, 08:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 4, 5:45 pm, * *wrote:

- LU9XT 10145.5 KHz psk31 0140 Saturday
- 34.4, -118.4 (still using the R75)
- 6,853 miles

Dave

Please describe {tell us more about} this new Loop Antenna.

iwtk ~ RHF
* *.

99 feet of THHN 14g stranded wire, LDG 4:1 Balun. 10-12 ft. in the air..

Awesome!

It's theoretically a circle with a diameter of 99/3.1416 feet, which
fits in the part of the back yard you can't see from the patio
(important to some). *It doesn't seem to mind being around other wire
antennas too much. I'm going to start building one twice as big for the
roof; I don't think I'll use red 14g wire this time.

Does it mind running within about 10 feet of an electric residential
feeder wire?

Old February 5th 11, 08:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 4, 5:45 pm, wrote:

- LU9XT 10145.5 KHz psk31 0140 Saturday
- 34.4, -118.4 (still using the R75)
- 6,853 miles

Dave

Please describe {tell us more about} this new Loop Antenna.

iwtk ~ RHF
.

99 feet of THHN 14g stranded wire, LDG 4:1 Balun. 10-12 ft. in the air.

Awesome!

It's theoretically a circle with a diameter of 99/3.1416 feet, which
fits in the part of the back yard you can't see from the patio
(important to some). It doesn't seem to mind being around other wire
antennas too much. I'm going to start building one twice as big for the
roof; I don't think I'll use red 14g wire this time.

Does it mind running within about 10 feet of an electric residential
feeder wire?

I can't do that experiment here. All utilities are buried.