Old February 26th 11, 11:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Takes a LONG time to get to Micronesia...

Well, just e-corresponded with Sylvia, the very kind and helpful lady
at the other end at PMA The Cross Radio on FSM. She has not yet
received an envelope with recording and report I sent on 14 February :-
( Thought airmail would be a little quicker than that. It was a good
one too - Station ID and details nice and clear. Oh, well - maybe
I'll just have to try again.

Bruce Jensen
Old February 26th 11, 11:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 15:38:11 -0800 (PST), bpnjensen
wrote:

Well, just e-corresponded with Sylvia, the very kind and helpful lady
at the other end at PMA The Cross Radio on FSM. She has not yet
received an envelope with recording and report I sent on 14 February :-
( Thought airmail would be a little quicker than that. It was a good
one too - Station ID and details nice and clear. Oh, well - maybe
I'll just have to try again.

Bruce Jensen

Bruce,

For the recording, what media do you send them?

Jim(MI)
Old February 27th 11, 02:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
Well, just e-corresponded with Sylvia, the very kind and helpful lady
at the other end at PMA The Cross Radio on FSM. *She has not yet
received an envelope with recording and report I sent on 14 February :-
( *Thought airmail would be a little quicker than that. *It was a good
one too - Station ID and details nice and clear. *Oh, well - maybe
I'll just have to try again.

Bruce Jensen

Bruce,

For the recording, what media do you send them?

Jim(MI)

I sent a cassette tape in a standard plastic case in an envelope with
a report and a couple other things, which I had OKed ahead of time.
She can also accept MP3s, as per the website. Had the PO weigh and
apply the postage, so I know that's not the trouble. I am sure I had
the address right - it's pretty simple to begin with, and I always
double check.

It's a roundabout thing for me to convert a radio signal to an MP3,
but for ease of mailing or e-mailing, I might just do it from now on.

Bruce
Old February 27th 11, 07:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Bruce, why couldn't you just send a "wave file"?

--
Burr
Adventure before Dementia

I'm a member of The Tea Party, I VOTE

Old March 2nd 11, 04:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 26, 3:38*pm, bpnjensen wrote:
Well, just e-corresponded with Sylvia, the very kind and helpful lady
at the other end at PMA The Cross Radio on FSM. *She has not yet
received an envelope with recording and report I sent on 14 February :-
( *Thought airmail would be a little quicker than that. *It was a good
one too - Station ID and details nice and clear. *Oh, well - maybe
I'll just have to try again.

Bruce Jensen

Good news! Sylvia at "PMA The Cross" let me know she got the report,
and a QSL is on its way :-)

Bruce, cheerfully dancing like Snoopy around the radio...

Radio's "Recession" Started A Long Time Ago IBOCcrock Shortwave 3 January 25th 08 08:45 AM
Micronesia: QSL dxAce Shortwave 0 December 6th 07 08:45 PM
Getting QSL Cards from contacts long time ago tladotse Dx 4 January 30th 07 03:12 PM
Nit Picking At It's Worst...Let's Just Say NO To This ARRL Request (Let's See How Long it Takes KB9RQZ To Take THIS Thread Off Topic.....) K4YZ Policy 3 December 13th 06 03:11 AM
B95 Flint MI fires long time Morning Man Magoo for having Cancer Abirdinsnowsings Broadcasting 0 January 31st 04 08:28 PM