Old May 23rd 11, 01:46 PM posted to talk.politics.guns,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.california,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.rush-limbaugh

Default Stephen Hawking says afterlife is a fairy story

On May 22, 1:15*pm, John Smith wrote:
On 5/22/2011 9:41 AM, RD Sandman wrote:

*wrote in
:

On Sat, 21 May 2011 18:13:29 -0500, RD Sandman
*wrote:

*wrote in
:

On Sat, 21 May 2011 10:42:46 -0500, RD Sandman
*wrote:

*wrote in
om:

On Fri, 20 May 2011 17:45:17 -0500, RD Sandman
*wrote:

*wrote in
news:50pdt6tkk46vp8i5njd9jsvbmmrqcdpall@4ax .com:

On Fri, 20 May 2011 15:51:47 -0500, RD Sandman
*wrote:

*wrote in
news:qv5dt6lg8f4k9hpc8o681u2o6bo2s254fv@4 ax.com:

On Fri, 20 May 2011 11:55:29 -0400, WangoTango
*wrote:

In ,
rdsandman@comcast [remove].net says...
*wrote in
ast.earthlink.net:

In ,
rdsandman@comcast
[remove].net says...
*wrote in
news:MPG.283df5c96df8b29d98b5ae@news .east.earthlink.net:

In ,
says...
On 5/17/2011 2:30 PM, RD Sandman wrote:
Peter * wrote in
:

On 5/17/2011 12:56 PM, WangoTango wrote:
In ,
says...
Total lack of any proof whatsoever to the positive
after
thousands
of
years of looking proves it doesn't exist.
What do you consider the recounting of numerous
miracles
in
the
New Testament? *Do they not prove anything?
Not a thing.
What about all the recounting of numerous Leprechaun
sightings, gifts, and other shenanigans? *What about
the
legal recognition of Gnomes in Iceland?
Mythology is mythology, doesn't matter how many
people have bought
into
it.
Funny how random chance and divine intervention are
indistinguishable from each other.
Prove that Ancient Rome existed.
Many of the remains are still there and from them some
things can be ascertained about life then.
Yes. *It could have also been a theme park built by the
phoneticians.
Why should I believe the Bible is necessarily false?
The real question is why should you believe any of it is
true.
And the real answer is that it would be his belief in
either direction and his opinion in either direction. *In
either
case,
he is entitled
hold it and has to defend it to no one.
If that is the case, he should keep it to himself.
Unless he is prepared to defend it.

Whatever, although I am not sure who died and named you
moderator.
Are you prepared to say the same thing to lookout who is the
main one arguing with him? *
I give Lookout **** for his crazy posts too.
I guess what is at issue here isn't his posts, but why YOU give
a special pass to religion that you wouldn't give to any other
unfounded
belief? *If someone came on here and spouted the old "You are
more likely to kill a family member than a burglar" line of
crap, you
would
call them on the carpet, but someone spouts off religious dogma
and
it
gets a pass. *Why?
All I ask for is proof.
And you have been asked for proof of your belief.
I don't have a belief.
You have a belief that there is no God or that he doesn't exist.
Nope.
Are you saying then that you do believe that there is a God? *Or do
you *believe that there is not.
How many times do I have to say it, old man?
There is no proof what so ever that a living god has ever existed.
Got it now?
Then when I say that you have a belief that there is no god...why do you
deny that?
Because you're wrong as usual.
There is no proof that a god has ever exists. That's a fact, not a
belief.
That's an opinion.
Nope. Fact. There is no PROOF what so ever.
If you think there is proof let's hear it.
I haven't ever claimed that there was. *I am only here to show everyone
that you do, in fact, have a belief.
Nope.
What I have is a lack of facts that a god exists.
Nor do you have any facts that he does not.
I don't have to prove a negative.
The fact is there is no proof to support a god theory.
In your opinion. *In many other folk's opinion there is.
Then let's hear it.
They have already told you.

Yet none exists.

Perhaps, there's a reason for that.....
Because ALL religions are fairy tales.
In your opinion.
Fact
That it is your opinion? *Yep, I agree with that.
Nope. Wrong again, old man.
Nope. *It is simply your opinion.
Prove there is a god.

No need, I don't claim that there is one.

Then respond.

I'd say just the sheer complexity of DNA is proof of intelligent design.

So, the only question becomes, "What is your definition of God?"

Regards,
JS

The universe is indeed a vast and complex place. I once belived all
that I had been taught. But as an engineer. the science is
overwhelming. Just look at the Hubble deep space images and peer back
13 billion years.

To imagine that some supernatural being could be that enormously
omnipotent defies all rational logic. It defies all known physics.
That's why its called faith.

God is clever. You have to die to learn the truth. How much more
unfair could that be?
Old May 23rd 11, 02:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Perhaps the Universe (us Humans too) is an Experiment of GOD.
There might come a time when GOD wipes the slate clean and starts all
over again,,, or not.
cuhulin

Old May 23rd 11, 08:14 PM posted to talk.politics.guns,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.california,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.rush-limbaugh

On 5/23/2011 5:46 AM, Doctor Gaius Baltar wrote:
On May 22, 1:15 pm, John wrote:
On 5/22/2011 9:41 AM, RD Sandman wrote:

wrote in
:
On Sat, 21 May 2011 18:13:29 -0500, RD Sandman
wrote:
wrote in
:
On Sat, 21 May 2011 10:42:46 -0500, RD Sandman
wrote:
wrote in
:
On Fri, 20 May 2011 17:45:17 -0500, RD Sandman
wrote:
wrote in
:
On Fri, 20 May 2011 15:51:47 -0500, RD Sandman
wrote:
wrote in
:
wrote:
[...]

The laughable part?

A person looks at it, sees the same I do, then tells me they are going
to explain that to me. They tell me they know, my eyes only see, yet,
another moron ... not so very different from camping ...

Regards,
JS

Old May 24th 11, 12:19 PM posted to talk.politics.guns,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.california,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.rush-limbaugh

On May 22, 1:15 pm, John *wrote:
On 5/22/2011 9:41 AM, RD Sandman wrote:

* *wrote in
:
On Sat, 21 May 2011 18:13:29 -0500, RD Sandman
* *wrote:
* *wrote in
om:
On Sat, 21 May 2011 10:42:46 -0500, RD Sandman
* *wrote:
* *wrote in
news:5e0et6punb0sm53ub7fcv13a6nbejr1qd0@4ax .com:
news:MPG.283f643696fccb8398b5b4@news .east.earthlink.net:

Old May 24th 11, 04:32 PM posted to talk.politics.guns,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.california,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.rush-limbaugh

On 5/24/2011 4:19 AM, Billary wrote:
My truth is that whatever comforts you to deal with your existence is
fine by me. It is what you were programmed for and I accept it as a
great gift from the universe. But notice that I do not insult you or
belittle you. I accept you as you are. It's what Jesus would do. Is it
not?

Love Billary
Tampa, FL

Truth is, redoubtably, the universe is unfolding just as it should, I
think man has little affect on this outcome.

Truth is, if I were the creator, I would have created a "God center"
into my creations brain for communication purposes ...

While this anecdotal evidence is interesting and worthy of study and
research it is not clear evidence and proof which substantiates any
current theories ... the creations are less than the creator, that is fact.

Regards,
JS

Old May 24th 11, 05:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Billary is Right.
How are thingys in Tampa? I have been there before.One time I was
driving North along those Islands, I came to a gated community, I turned
my van around and I headed back South.What do they call that Campbell
Causeway Bridge? I stopped off at a nudie joint down by that Bridge,
over there on the Saint Petersburg side, that little side road that runs
down by that Bridge.Is that nudie joint still there?
cuhulin