Old June 20th 11, 10:20 PM posted to talk.politics.guns,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy

Default You were warned, soon it will be gone ...

On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 20:43:02 -0700, John Smith
wrote:

God, guns, gold, food/water, safe shelter, survival gear ...

Soon one of these will be impossible to get ... you had your chance ...

http://www.infowars.com/trading-of-o...nning-july-15/

You can't eat gold. Buy food.
Old June 20th 11, 11:44 PM posted to talk.politics.guns,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 07:33:00 +0900, "Brenda Ann"
wrote:

Not only that, but the average person will look at your shiny metal and ask
WTF am I supposed to do with THAT? It's big time unlikely at this point that
it will ever become a currency again, to be used by the common person to
trade for goods. I think it much more likely the world would return to
serfdom, where the rich own everything and the rest of us work for them and
are allowed to stay on THEIR property in exchange for that work.

Historically, gold was accepted as a constant value item - until the
age of exploration changed this. Adjusting a currency to a single
commodity can be dangerous. Think of what would happen if we got
transmutation or some other way to cheaply increase the supply.

We kind of have that with backless currency as well - except the
powers are in more control - with different risks.

- James Madison
Old June 20th 11, 11:56 PM posted to talk.politics.guns,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy

wrote:

Not only that, but the average person will look at your shiny metal and ask
WTF am I supposed to do with THAT? It's big time unlikely at this point that
it will ever become a currency again, to be used by the common person to
trade for goods. I think it much more likely the world would return to
serfdom, where the rich own everything and the rest of us work for them and
are allowed to stay on THEIR property in exchange for that work.

Historically, gold was accepted as a constant value item - until the
age of exploration changed this. Adjusting a currency to a single
commodity can be dangerous. Think of what would happen if we got
transmutation or some other way to cheaply increase the supply.

We kind of have that with backless currency as well - except the
powers are in more control - with different risks.

Why do you insist on responding to these cross posters Howard?
It only adds to the noise on our NG.

___,
\o

/ \
Old June 21st 11, 02:00 AM posted to talk.politics.guns,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy

On 6/20/2011 12:50 PM, Scout wrote:

"John Smith" wrote in message
On 6/20/2011 11:58 AM, Scout wrote:

Now, why on earth would you need to use a jar, much less seal it with
wax given Gold's nature as an effectively non-reactive metal.

Same reason you keep it in a drawer/shelf in a safe, I suppose, to
keep it organized and clean ... but then, you could just toss it on
the floor, or chuck it in a hole ...

And you don't see a difference between a drawer/shelf and a hermetically
sealed bottle?

You're just flapping those lips and saying just whatever comes to mind,
aren't you?

Stupid arse ... you don't realize you wax coat the lid to keep it from
rusting away ...

Where did you say your mommy was, when it is time for a good spoon
feeding, you really need her!

I just hate those women who dump their kids off on ya' and expect you to
take care of them! Where is CPS when you need them?

Regards,
JS

Old June 21st 11, 02:02 AM posted to talk.politics.guns,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy

On 6/20/2011 12:57 PM, Scout wrote:

"george" wrote in message
On Jun 21, 6:58 am, "Scout"
wrote:
"John Smith" wrote in message

On 6/20/2011 6:08 AM, D. Peter Maus wrote:

All of which opens the door to government interference in the
otherwise
legal purchase, and possession of the commodity.

As we've learned over the last several years, the government is
NOT to
be trusted in matters that intrude into private citizen
activities. This
includes, and may especially include, ownership of precious metals.

When I was a child, one very effective method of "storing gold" was in
fruit jars with the caps dipped in wax and buried in the ground ...

Now, why on earth would you need to use a jar, much less seal it with
wax
given Gold's nature as an effectively non-reactive metal.

Makes a better story...

Yea, it sort of sounded like a made up story when he told it.

Hey, you can sell any gold you have, if you ever get a job and can
afford any ... a fool and his money are soon parted, yanno'?

Regards,
JS

Old June 21st 11, 02:10 AM posted to talk.politics.guns,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy

On 6/20/2011 3:44 PM, Howard Brazee wrote:

Historically, gold was accepted as a constant value item - until the
age of exploration changed this. Adjusting a currency to a single
commodity can be dangerous. Think of what would happen if we got
transmutation or some other way to cheaply increase the supply.

We kind of have that with backless currency as well - except the
powers are in more control - with different risks.

Actually, I am looking forward to them criminalizing forms of gold
exchange, selling, buying, possessing, etc.

Anything on the black market doubles in price the first day it becomes
illegal ... there is a steep upward climb, then a dip and a level off ...

If people didn't sell gold, I couldn't buy any ... already more gold has
been sold than has ever been produced in the whole wide world ... the
"paper gold" is really worthless, but you have to see people show up
with the papers and demand the gold (a type of "run on the bank"), and
then those with the gold (supposedly) default, go bankrupt, disappear, etc.

But, this could just all straighten itself out, an abundance of GOOD
PAYING jobs be created, everyone go back to work, have the trillions now
missing suddenly show up, etc. ... I mean it could happen! ROFLOL

Regards,
JS
Old June 21st 11, 02:10 AM posted to talk.politics.guns,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy

On 6/20/2011 3:56 PM, wrote:

___,
\o

/ \
.
“SMOKE POT AND SHUT UP UNTIL I TELL YOU DIFFERENTLY!”
bk

Old June 21st 11, 04:04 AM posted to talk.politics.guns,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy

On Jun 20, 5:03*pm, george wrote:
On Jun 21, 7:57*am, "Scout"

wrote:
"george" wrote in message

On Jun 21, 6:58 am, "Scout"
wrote:
"John Smith" wrote in message

On 6/20/2011 6:08 AM, D. Peter Maus wrote:

All of which opens the door to government interference in the
otherwise
legal purchase, and possession of the commodity.

As we've learned over the last several years, the government is NOT to
be trusted in matters that intrude into private citizen activities.
This
includes, and may especially include, ownership of precious metals.

When I was a child, one very effective method of "storing gold" was in
fruit jars with the caps dipped in wax and buried in the ground ....

Now, why on earth would you need to use a jar, much less seal it with wax
given Gold's nature as an effectively non-reactive metal.

Makes a better story...

Yea, it sort of sounded like a made up story when he told it.

More than sort of.. He can't lie straight in bed- Hide quoted text -

Of course he can't lie straight in bed ! He 's got a gun under the
pillow . . .
Old June 21st 11, 03:21 PM posted to talk.politics.guns,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy

"John Smith" wrote in message
On 6/20/2011 11:58 AM, Scout wrote:

Now, why on earth would you need to use a jar, much less seal it with
wax given Gold's nature as an effectively non-reactive metal.

Same reason you keep it in a drawer/shelf in a safe, I suppose, to
keep it organized and clean ... but then, you could just toss it on
the floor, or chuck it in a hole ...

And you don't see a difference between a drawer/shelf and a hermetically
sealed bottle?

You're just flapping those lips and saying just whatever comes to mind,
aren't you?

Stupid arse ... you don't realize you wax coat the lid to keep it from
rusting away ...

So who cares?

The gold will be just fine with or without the lid, and if it's buried long
enough to worry about the lid rusting out, particularly at the time we're
talking, then it's already going to have been in the ground over 20 years
and unlikely to ever be dug up.

Where did you say your mommy was, when it is time for a good spoon
feeding, you really need her!

I just hate those women who dump their kids off on ya' and expect you to
take care of them! Where is CPS when you need them?

I have no idea, but I do wish your mother would come back and collect you.

Old June 21st 11, 03:33 PM posted to talk.politics.guns,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.sport.golf,alt.conspiracy

"John Smith" wrote in message
On 6/20/2011 12:57 PM, Scout wrote:

"george" wrote in message
On Jun 21, 6:58 am, "Scout"
wrote:
"John Smith" wrote in message

[...]

I have quite a bit of gold, though generally in the form of collectable US
gold coins which appreciate at far high rate than bullion does. Most of them
the older coins, but I do have one I picked up at a local pawn shop because
it was graded MS-70 for a MS-60 price.