Old June 28th 11, 11:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default A non-shopping adventure

A friend of mine who works for an outfit that picks up all kinds of donated
materials just brought over an Allied model 2660 portable shortwave, destined
to be scrapped.

He keeps an eye out for SW stuff for me.

The radio is virtually mint, works well, and... it was free!

Here is what one looks like:

http://www.radioatticarchives.com/radio.htm?radio=41

Old June 29th 11, 12:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

That was a real Good non shopping adventure.I don't have a radio just
like that one, but I have some that are similar.
cuhulin

Old June 29th 11, 12:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 06/28/2011 03:35 PM, dxAce wrote:
Allied model 2660

That's a pretty crappy photo. Why don't you take one for us? Post it on
your Facebook page.
Old June 29th 11, 01:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

That photo of that radio looks A OK to me.
Maybe someday, (bit, don't hold your breath) I will post a photo of
doggy sleeping on her back on her couch, just like she is doing right
now.Or maybe some photos of all of my wayyyy over 300 radios.WebTV can
do photos real Good.
cuhulin, and doggy, sleeping on her back

Old June 29th 11, 01:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Smart people don't do facebook (and twitter [twitter is for Twits!] and
google SUCKS!
cuhulin

Old June 29th 11, 05:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 16:52:23 -0700, dave wrote:

On 06/28/2011 03:35 PM, dxAce wrote:
Allied model 2660

That's a pretty crappy photo. Why don't you take one for us? Post it on
your Facebook page.

Dave -wrt- "That's a pretty crappy photo"
you {Dave} are what you post ~ RHF
Old June 30th 11, 11:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Nice Steve,
Enjoy and it looks nice

--
Burr
From The Gardens

Old June 30th 11, 02:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default You use a television to surf the web

On 06/28/2011 05:41 PM, wrote:
That photo of that radio looks A OK to me.

a computer screen has 1,000 lines, your TV has a little less than 500.
Old June 30th 11, 03:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I have an NEC Multisync 22'' flat screen computer for my
computer.When/if that kicks the bucket, I will go to one of the Cowboy
Maloney stores around here (probally the original store on Harding
Street, next to the Fairgrounds) and I will buy an LED or Plasma tee vee
set for my computer monitor.Prices of Plasma tee vee sets are going
down, according to http://www.tvpredictions.com.
I will intertie them with an HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface)
Cable.
http://www.cowboymaloney.com
cuhulin

(OT) A Shopping Adventure [email protected] Shortwave 2 December 25th 10 04:53 AM
A Shopping Adventure dxAce Shortwave 1 December 25th 10 12:26 AM
(OT) A Shopping Adventure dxAce Shortwave 5 December 23rd 10 11:49 PM
A Shopping Adventure dxAce Shortwave 14 November 23rd 10 11:48 PM
A Shopping Adventure dxAce Shortwave 13 November 6th 10 05:51 PM