RadioBanter

-   -   Al Gore - BBC (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/173502-re-al-gore-bbc.html)

D Peter Maus[_2_] September 20th 11 06:10 PM

Al Gore - BBC

On 9/20/11 11:43 , Joe from Kokomo wrote:
On 9/20/2011 9:51 AM, dave wrote:

While the United States is still debating whether to build a more
efficient kind of coal-fired power plant that uses extremely hot
steam, China has begun building such plants at a rate of one a
month.

Certainly they are building one power plant a month.

As manufacturers to the world, they -need- all that electricity. Too bad
we make very little in this country any more -- and too bad the greed of
wanting cheap products drove most of our manufacturing to China.

Oh, sorry, I almost forgot. We need those cheap products because no one
here has a decent paying job any more and therefore can only afford
"cheap".

Cheap products are not a bad thing in and of themselves. Remember that
Japanese products were also cheap.

Not so much any more. Industrializing a nation requires certain steps.
Cheap manufactured goods is only an early step.

But there are a lot better ways to generate power than coal.
Geothermal, being among the cleanest. Even thorium nuclear is a better
option. Clean, plentiful, scalable pursuant to demand, self regulating
reaction, and apolitical, in that it can't be used to create weapons.

Something we should have long begun here.

RHF September 21st 11 12:23 AM

Al Gore - BBC

On Sep 20, 9:43*am, Joe from Kokomo wrote:
On 9/20/2011 9:51 AM, dave wrote:

While the United States is still debating whether to build a more
efficient kind of coal-fired power plant that uses extremely hot
steam, China has begun building such plants at a rate of one a
month.

Certainly they are building one power plant a month.

As manufacturers to the world, they -need- all that electricity. Too bad
we make very little in this country any more -- and too bad the greed of
wanting cheap products drove most of our manufacturing to China.

- Oh, sorry, I almost forgot.
- We need those cheap products because no one
- here has a decent paying job any more and
- therefore can only afford "cheap".

Well then may be instead of a {Made-in-China}
Cheap Ass "Dollar Stores" we need All America
[Flag : RW&B} USA Stores : where everything
is "Made in the USA" ! -gba-

your choice = you decide ~ RHF
-vote-with-your-dollars-

[email protected] September 21st 11 03:48 AM

Al Gore - BBC

On Sep 20, 12:43*pm, Joe from Kokomo wrote:
On 9/20/2011 9:51 AM, dave wrote:

While the United States is still debating whether to build a more
efficient kind of coal-fired power plant that uses extremely hot
steam, China has begun building such plants at a rate of one a
month.

Certainly they are building one power plant a month.

As manufacturers to the world, they -need- all that electricity. Too bad
we make very little in this country any more -- and too bad the greed of
wanting cheap products drove most of our manufacturing to China.

Oh, sorry, I almost forgot. We need those cheap products because no one
here has a decent paying job any more and therefore can only afford "cheap".

....and that's the Bitter Truth.

[email protected] September 21st 11 03:55 AM

Al Gore - BBC

On Sep 20, 1:08*pm, (J R) wrote:
The Search For Fire, old Cavemen (Cavewimmins too) movie.I am not sure
of the name of that movie, bit its a Real Good movie!
cuhulin

One million years B.C. Raquel Welch .