Old October 22nd 11, 04:36 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default A Letter from Bruce Williams

Received the following letter from Bruce Williams. If you miss his
radio show email him and let him know. Sounds like he is bored and
misses having a gig so it won't take much to coax him back. He'd be a
welcome breath of fresh air compared to the gas bags screamers that
now dominate the medium.
Well hello there, welcome, welcome to my world. Bruce Williams here.
I'm really looking forward to having a one-way conversation with you
and perhaps having it turn into a two-way very quickly.

I am often asked, "do I miss doing the show?" and the answer is yes
and no. I don't miss having to be at a specific place every evening at
7 for three hours. Now I can book a flight not having to plan to be
somewhere near a microphone at 7 each evening and yet there are things
happening in our world that frustrate me. Things that are absurd.
Government actions, ridiculous things that happen on the local and
national scene. I sure miss having someone to share these things with.
For example, the TSA determined that a 95 year old "terrorist suspect"
had to have her diaper removed before she could clear security. Maybe
a threat, but I'm willing to chance it. Casey Anthony? Enough said!
Many of you guys have suggested that I do some type of an IPOD show
and I'm giving it some serious consideration. In the meantime if it's
ok with you, I'll send a letter of this kind once a month more or less
and you tell me if you enjoy it and should continue.

There is so much to discuss. Common day-to-day issues, the examples
are many. The relatively high cost to be sandwiched into an airplane
built for 150 passengers but meeting the challenge of the owners to
cram in 175. Security? An ongoing issue. A couple of days ago I got
behind a couple with one little rug rat. They had four, count em FOUR,
carryon's; a stroller, car seat and assorted paraphernalia including
mom's milk in a bottle (no liquid allowed) it finally passed. It took
that couple 10 minutes to clear security and of course I was right
behind them running late.

I find a frustrating policy of most publications that accept letters
from the public. They insist on having their writers give their name
and address. There are lots of occasions when folks would like to
express an opinion but for a variety of valid reasons are not going to
sign their name. For example, someone wants to defend hiring illegal
aliens because they do. Perhaps another feels that if they obey
certain government taxes or rules, they'll be out of business. Will
they sign their name? Never. Others are afraid to express a
politically incorrect perspective. I invite people to send us a brief
expression of those thoughts. Please no liable or profanity.

In short, my letters will be eclectic, not pre-programmed to a
specific format and hopefully of interest to you. When I say
something, express an idea that's controversial or publish something,
not everyone will agree, its expected. When that happens, I will
always publish at least one or two thoughts expressed by those in
disagreement. You may not agree with me but I hope you will find me
fair. There is so much going on in our screwball world, I have no fear
of lack of things that you and I might discuss. Another area we could
get into that my observation that many talk presentations have a lack
of civility as well as a lack of substance. I will try to address
this in a positive way and your comments are always welcome

You may rightly observe that this type of commentary is available from
a variety of sources. Search the Internet, airwaves and columns you
will find these approaches in one form or another. This is just
another way of saying there is very little new on this earth. This
having been said, I believe I can present these with a little
different twist. There is so much happening in the world that there no
question of the material but a question of editing to find out which
is most interesting. Some of the very little things in our lives I
find extremely interesting. I noticed in the news a short time ago
something on the order of 16 governors, attorneys general and other
highly placed officials in many states that border on the Great Lakes,
petitioned to have some controls placed on an invasive foreign species
of fish. The closing of locks and canals to prevent the fish from
coming into the lakes is an example. You've all seen the pictures of
one monster that eats everything in sight and then if it hears an
outboard motor, it literally jumps into the boat and sometimes damages
the passengers. Obviously, fish of this kind creates all sorts of
havoc in both the commercial and sports interests in the lakes.
Understandably, these officials want to try and keep these fish out of
the Great Lakes. It's very hard to argue with that but there may be
legitimate objections. In the meantime these foreign species are doing
a great deal of damage. The officials were told by our government that
the Army Corps of Engineers was making a study of the problem. So far
so good. The thing that blew my mind was when the officials asked when
the study would be completed it would be at least four years away.
Perhaps someone could explain to me why it would take four years to
study anything. These are the kinds of things that attract my
attention and I believe are worthy of conversation. Another example of
why I would like to be back in action in some fashion or another.

If we do an IPOD show I've worked out a lot of things we can offer. We
could take callers at various times of the week and day for
rebroadcasts that will be available 24/7. I've even considered doing
something that I haven't done for over 30 years and that is invite
guests. One thing you can take right to the bank, I'll not be getting
into show business personalities and pop music. These things have been
worked to death. One of the things that I will not do is answer
letters similar to the ones I receive for my Smart Money column. If
you wish to write me here I will be sure that all of those letters are
turned over to the producer of my column and will be considered for
publication there. If we elect to do the IPOD show I will follow a
format in terms of questions and answers that will be very close to
the one we began 30 years ago. Speaking of that November 2nd will be
the anniversary date 30 years ago in 1981 when we did our first
Talknet show from NBC.

You know that I love to go on cruises. Thousands of you have gone on
cruises with us and perhaps we could put together a cruise that we all
could enjoy. I'd like to hear your thoughts, no promises, just looking
for information. Places, time of the year, how much time on the boat
(a week, 10 days or even more?), what kind of a budget are you looking
at? How about going with limited groups? 20 or 30 or what size would
you suggest? Just a group of people where we can get together and
exchange ideas and have a lot of time socializing. Guest speakers?
Group activities? I would like to know what you enjoy.

Many years ago I did a great deal of after dinner speaking and a lot
of stage shows. You may know of an organization seeking someone to do
the after dinner gig. I'd like to hear from you. No obligation. I'm
simply looking for ideas of things that I would enjoy doing where we
can offer you something that isn't on every cable show, etc.

Another issue that must be addressed. If we do this on a regular
basis, after a few months, the activity must be able to generate
enough income to get production done without having to be subsidized.
It may appear to some that I am out of work and desperately need
income. Mercifully, that is not the case. No Food Stamps in my future
yet. I have sold some of my business interests and more sales are
closing in the very near future. I no longer serve on the Board of
Directors of the bank. I don't play golf, don't like to ride around in
boats, I'm not a sportsman and I'm not especially interested in
professional sports. That said, I must be in action of some kind and I
genuinely missed the interchange between you guys. Working has always
been my hobby. I don't know how to not be productive. Another purpose
is to maintain a marriage. If I hang around the house and drive my
wife crazy, I'm afraid I'd lose my wife and the dogs. Maybe you have
ideas that we could implement to generate a modest amount of income. I
would be very interested in hearing from you. It may well be that you
say, "hey dummy, you had your day, let it rest". If you feel that way,
tell me. I'd be very happy to call you and talk to you on the phone if
you provide a number. If you'd like your name off our mailing list,
just ask. If you have friends, neighbors, etc., that would like to be
included on our mailing list, simply send us an email to that affect
with their email address and we'll get the deed done.

Here is a little exercise to see if you pick up on little things in
the news as do I. Some years ago when the Taliban was running Kabul,
and they passed Draconian laws concerning women walking with shoes
that clicked. The Taliban's notion was that the clicking of the
women's heels on the floor or sidewalk would be sexually stimulating
to men who hear it and therefore they were banned. Crazy? That's my
opinion. How about this? Recently in a large American city, laws were
passed that are currently in effect that many common sounds, nothing
sexual, nothing off color, just everyday sounds that you can hear
anywhere in America millions of times a day, have been outlawed. Hint:
A commercial activity that may not be performed in that city where
anyone from the public can hear these "stimulating" sounds. Where do
you suppose that is and what were the sounds? If you can figure that
one out, I'd sure like to hear what you'd have to say. Did you miss
this major news development? Are you interested? Do you care?

Alright my friends, that's my opening blast. Next move is yours. Our
email address is . That's simple enough. I
would be grateful if you would drop me an email and let me know what
you think of any or all of the ideas enclosed and any contributions
you would like to make. The next move is yours.

I do wish you well my friends.
Old October 23rd 11, 06:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Fri, 21 Oct 2011 20:36:33 -0700 (PDT), Truth Teller
wrote:

Received the following letter from Bruce Williams.

Who the F*ck is Bruce Williams?

Old October 23rd 11, 06:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
J R J R is offline

Bruce Williams is a Good guy.I have listened to some of his radio
programs before.
West Overshoe and widgets, wherever that is?
cuhulin

Old October 23rd 11, 06:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

Received the following letter from Bruce Williams.

Who the F*ck is Bruce Williams?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_W...alk_radio_host)

http://brucewilliams.com/

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old October 23rd 11, 06:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

Received the following letter from Bruce Williams.

Who the F*ck is Bruce Williams?

The anti- Mike Malloy.

In a Gene Taylor kind of way.

Old October 23rd 11, 08:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
J R J R is offline

I am a Williams on one of my great Grandmother's side of the family.

Robert of Scotland (Robert the Bruce) Braveheart movie.
cuhulin, the Williams

Bruce Williams Final Show Is Tonight (Friday March 5, 2010) Priest Shortwave 7 March 7th 10 01:59 AM
For Mr. Eric Williams Re WinRadio G305 Robert11[_2_] Shortwave 0 October 30th 09 04:17 PM
FS Walt Williams Power Supply Charlie Hugg Boatanchors 0 January 12th 07 06:37 PM
Bruce Williams on BCB ? Gary Shortwave 1 May 11th 05 11:58 AM
Valerie Williams Blooper Tape Take 2 Steve Walker Broadcasting 1 January 1st 04 05:30 PM