Old January 1st 12, 05:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Sony SW7600GR -- Imitial operation

Happy New Year to me and my new radio !

I have set the AM to 10 kHz differences, the time differential to UTC
minus 5. My clock time is incorrect but that is no concern to me at
this time. I just want to get going.

I make sure that HOLD is pushed to the left and the key is not
displayed. I press the AM/FM button. I key in 1030 (WBZ-AM at 1030
kHz is a local 50kW broadcaster), press EXE and get a display
indicating that I am listening to 108.00, which is not a valid
frequency selection in the US.

Where am I going wrong ?

David Ames
Old January 1st 12, 07:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 1/1/2012 12:06 PM, David Ames wrote:
Happy New Year to me and my new radio !

I have set the AM to 10 kHz differences, the time differential to UTC
minus 5. My clock time is incorrect but that is no concern to me at
this time. I just want to get going.

I make sure that HOLD is pushed to the left and the key is not
displayed. I press the AM/FM button. I key in 1030 (WBZ-AM at 1030
kHz is a local 50kW broadcaster), press EXE and get a display
indicating that I am listening to 108.00, which is not a valid
frequency selection in the US.

Where am I going wrong ?

David Ames

You are likely in FM mode. Press the AM/FM button just once, and try again.

You also need to check to see if the USB/AM Sync/AM three-way switch on
the side is set to the mode you want, and the USB/SSB switch on the side
is set to the sideband mode that you want, if that is what you plan to
listen to.