Old January 16th 12, 09:30 PM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

Default Fox News 2012: HD Radio one of "The Biggest CES Flops of All Time" LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

"D. Peter Maus" wrote in message
On 1/16/12 11:35 , FarsWatch4 wrote:
"Phil wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 01:55:32 -0500, "FarsWatch4"
wrote:

9 out of 10 doctors also recommended cigarette smoking to aid and
improve digestion.

Where is this study?

This was highly touted in advertising during the 1940s.

It was an advertising ploy. Not a study, per se.

I hope we can tell the difference.

Insult aside, it WAS indeed based on surveys.

A survey designed by an advertising company....again, I hope you can tell
the difference.

Old January 17th 12, 05:30 AM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

9 out of 10 doctors also recommended cigarette smoking to aid and
improve digestion.

Where is this study?

This was highly touted in advertising during the 1940s.

It was an advertising ploy. Not a study, per se.

I hope we can tell the difference.

Insult aside, it WAS indeed based on surveys.

A survey designed by an advertising company....again, I hope you can tell
the difference.

Insult aside, it was a survey designed by the Tobacco Industry.
It was a survey designed by the business its conclusion supported.
The results were used to promote sales the industry's products.

Not unlike iBiquity designing and sponsoring surveys the results
of which supports sales of its products.

Again, I'd hope you could see the similarities.

Old January 17th 12, 07:03 AM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

9 out of 10 doctors also recommended cigarette smoking to aid
and
improve digestion.

Where is this study?

This was highly touted in advertising during the 1940s.

It was an advertising ploy. Not a study, per se.

I hope we can tell the difference.

Insult aside, it WAS indeed based on surveys.

A survey designed by an advertising company....again, I hope you can tell
the difference.

Insult aside, it was a survey designed by the Tobacco Industry.

Yes it was.

It was a survey designed by the business its conclusion supported.

Yes it was.

The results were used to promote sales the industry's products.

Yes it was.

Not unlike iBiquity designing and sponsoring surveys the results of
which supports sales of its products.

The surveys I have seen were not designed nor sponsored by iBiquity...but
were seperate research projects done by stations themselves by hiring
outside research companies with no stake in the outcome.

Again, I'd hope you could see the similarities.

Nope. I hope you now see the dissimilarities.

Old January 17th 12, 01:24 PM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

[...]

As someone who participated in the execution of several such surveys,
that is simply not true.

Old January 20th 12, 09:23 PM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

[...]

You mean you couldn't tell when you were being snookered into an advertising
campain?

If you couldn't tell during the execution....you should have been able tot
ell by the results.

Old January 20th 12, 09:38 PM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

[...]

Ah, so you admit that the HD surveys are just an advertising
scheme....thank you for finally admitting the truth.

Old January 23rd 12, 07:27 PM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

[...]

Nope. I'm saying I can tell the difference between an advertising campagn
and scientific research..

Can't you?

Old January 17th 12, 12:10 PM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jan 16, 1:30*pm, "FarsWatch4" wrote:
"D. Peter Maus" wrote in ...

On 1/16/12 11:35 , FarsWatch4 wrote:
. ..
*wrote:

* *9 out of 10 doctors also recommended cigarette smoking to aid and
improve digestion.

Where is this study?

This was highly touted in advertising during the 1940s.

It was an advertising ploy. *Not a study, per se.

I hope we can tell the difference.

* Insult aside, it WAS indeed based on surveys.

- A survey designed by an advertising company....
- again, I hope you can tell the difference.

Otherwise know as form of 'Push-Polling'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Push_poll