Old January 30th 14, 04:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Golden Come-Along Award 2013

What is the Golden Come-Along Award?

The Golden Come-Along Award is given to that individual who has been deemed to
have had his/her head stuck so far up their ass during the previous year that
it would require the assistance of a come-along to pull it out.

This year's recipient is of course Dave Rickmers, representing some God
forsaken location in the bankrupt State of California, who started off in good

form and continued non stop through out the year.

Congratulations Dave, what a stellar performance!

Old January 31st 14, 04:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Thursday, January 30, 2014 10:12:36 AM UTC-6, dxAce wrote:
What is the Golden Come-Along Award?

The Golden Come-Along Award is given to that individual who has been deemed to

have had his/her head stuck so far up their ass during the previous year that

it would require the assistance of a come-along to pull it out.

This year's recipient is of course Dave Rickmers, representing some God

forsaken location in the bankrupt State of California, who started off in good

form and continued non stop through out the year.

Congratulations Dave, what a stellar performance!

King Solomon could not adjudicated the award decision with any more fairness and wisdom. But then the group has come to expect nothing less from dxAce, a decorated U.S. Navy veteran who courageously answered his nation's call for service (unlike the cowardly 3-peat Golden Come Along recipient Dave Rickmers).

Mr. Lare on behalf of the entire rrs group I thank you for sharing your vast knowledge and radio expertise with us. Par excellence, nonpareil, we are truly blessed and humbled by your presence. All hands sleep just a bit sounder knowing that you are at the helm keeping the rec.radio.shortwave ship in good
trim.

THE WATCH

For twenty years

This sailor stood the watch

While some of us were in our bunks at night

This sailor stood the watch

While some of us were in school learning our trade

This shipmate stood the watch

Yes, even before some of us were born into this world

This shipmate stood the watch

In those years when the storm cloud of war were seen

Brewing on the horizon of history

This shipmate stood the watch

Many times he would cast an eye ashore and see

His family standing there

Needing his guidance and help

Needing that hand to hold during those hard times

But he still stood the watch

He stood the watch for twenty years

He stood the watch so that we, our families and our fellow countrymen

Could sleep soundly in safety, each and every night

Knowing that a sailor stood the watch

Today we are here to say,

"Shipmate...the watch stands relieved

Relieved by those you have trained, guided and lead

Shipmate you stand relieved...we have the watch

Boatswain...standby to pipe the side...

Shipmate's going ashore."

Author Unknown

Old January 31st 14, 02:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 01/30/2014 08:31 PM, wrote:
[...]

"Arf, she said" -Frank Zappa

My lottery number was 279. (The autism would have been spotted early and
I would have been sent home anyway.)

All bullies can burn in Hell, naval bullies go to the front of the line.

Now, defend bullies!