Old February 2nd 14, 10:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default The Day the Music Died

In the early morning hours of February 3 1959, outside of Mason City, Iowa, a
small plane crashed.

We will always remember Buddy Holly, and the others who were killed in the
crash during a snowstorm.

Old February 3rd 14, 02:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 02/02/2014 01:32 PM, dxAce wrote:
In the early morning hours of February 3 1959, outside of Mason City, Iowa, a
small plane crashed.

We will always remember Buddy Holly, and the others who were killed in the
crash during a snowstorm.

Quick! Name 3 Buddy Holly songs!
Old February 3rd 14, 03:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Top 40 propaganda about some loser, by that one hit wonder McLean
The day the music died was when Sam Cooke was gunned down
Old February 3rd 14, 03:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 02/03/2014 06:16 AM, extra class wrote:
Top 40 propaganda about some loser, by that one hit wonder McLean
The day the music died was when Sam Cooke was gunned down

Ritchie Valens a loser? Buddy Holly a loser? JP Richardson a loser?

Old February 3rd 14, 03:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

loser = one hit wonder
Top 40 is for losers

Old February 3rd 14, 04:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 02/03/2014 06:53 AM, extra class wrote:
loser = one hit wonder Top 40 is for losers

Holly had a dozen or more hits. I can think of 3 monsters from
Valenzuela; The Big Bopper was a one hit wonder, admittedly, but
Richardson was a pioneer regional record producer in SE Texas and had a
great future when killed.
Old February 3rd 14, 04:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 02/02/2014 04:32 PM, dxAce wrote:
In the early morning hours of February 3 1959, outside of Mason City, Iowa, a
small plane crashed.

We will always remember Buddy Holly, and the others who were killed in the
crash during a snowstorm.

Hello, and who's the "we"? If you mean boomers like myself, yes. Not
necessarily so with Gen-Xers and Millenials. I shall always remember
Annette Funicello ;-) Sincerely,

--
J. B. Wood e-mail:
Old February 3rd 14, 04:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dave you Ignorant slut

Memo to McLean and the others culturally brainwashed by one hit wonders on
Top 40 radio

Should read: The Day ROCKABILLY Music Died

Old February 3rd 14, 07:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Looka here ilk,,, I Likes the kind of Music I Likes. Google,,, Ancient Music of Ireland and www.contemplator.com and Google,,, Big Band Swing Era Music. I couldn't care less than less about 'modern day' damn so called 'music'
Old February 3rd 14, 07:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Monday, February 3, 2014 12:19:49 PM UTC-6, DhiaDuit wrote:
On Monday, February 3, 2014 9:58:36 AM UTC-6, extra class wrote:

dave you Ignorant slut

Memo to McLean and the others culturally brainwashed by one hit wonders on

Top 40 radio

Should read: The Day ROCKABILLY Music Died

Looka here ilk,,, I Likes the kind of Music I Likes. Google,,, Ancient Music of Ireland and www.contemplator.com and Google,,, Big Band Swing Era Music. I couldn't care less than less about 'modern day' damn so called 'music'

www.kabl960.com Since 1959.(named for San Francisco's Cable Cars) That is a real Good Music Station. You can listen to it anywhere. There are many other real Good similar Stations too, all around the World.

Radio Rossii in Russian with Music on 7200 & 7320 kHz @ 03:45~03:55UTC in Russian with Music RHF Shortwave 5 December 12th 08 01:06 PM
R7 display has died Pete KE9OA Shortwave 4 January 27th 06 05:34 PM
WCBS-FM has died! robert casey Broadcasting 11 June 12th 05 08:50 PM
The Pope Has Died Dan Shortwave 40 April 3rd 05 02:47 PM
The Day the Shortwave Died patgkz Shortwave 3 March 18th 05 05:47 AM