Old June 14th 14, 03:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default What goes around...

Comcast first got started in (can you strangely believe it?) Tupelo, The Great Land Mass. The first cable TV set top box was sold by Cowboy Maloney in (can you strangely believe it?) in The Great Land Mass. ///Are we going to wait for somebody to ask, What/where is The Great Land Mass? WOO WOO WOOF!/// Yeah doggy, let's wait and see.
Old June 14th 14, 03:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Old June 14th 14, 04:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 6/13/2014 3:02 PM, wrote:
On Friday, June 13, 2014 1:30:20 PM UTC-7, Bill Davis wrote:
It cites the Federalist papers.

I must have skiimed over it too quickly, but I did not see any citation from the Fedeeralist Papers in any of your three links. The only one I spotted that might have been before 1789 was "Alexander Hamilton's draft of the Constitution", and it was not claimed to be part of the Federalist Papers. How about providing a direct citation like "Federalist Paper No. xx", page NN, chapter yy, paragraph qq, etc.?

Not a problem:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natura...citizen_clause

Alexander Hamilton, a Convention delegate from New York, wrote in
Federalist No. 68 about the care that must be taken in selecting the
president: "Nothing was more to be desired than that every practicable
obstacle should be opposed to cabal, intrigue, and corruption. These
most deadly adversaries of republican government might naturally have
been expected to make their approaches from more than one quarter, but
chiefly from the desire in foreign powers to gain an improper ascendant
in our councils."[5

http://www.redstate.com/diary/ironch...ynch-v-clarke/

A quote from James Madison, popularly acknowledged as the “author” of
the Constitution, provides a clue as to what our Founders meant. In one
of his papers, dated the 22 May, 1789, he wrote the following (emphasis
mine):

It is an established maxim that birth is a criterion of allegiance.
Birth however derives its force sometimes from place and sometimes from
parentage, but in general place is the most certain criterion; it is
what applies in the United States; it will therefore be unnecessary to
investigate any other.