Old November 11th 14, 10:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Steve and Larry.

Hi guys. It's Veteran's day again. Time
fly's so fast for me anymore. So, "Happy-
Veteran's-Day". May we all see many more.
And, as the kids today like to say, "Thanks
for your service". I get the feeling, people
say this because we went, and they didn't
have too. What say you all?

Drifter...

(Mike)...
Old November 11th 14, 10:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Drifter wrote:

Hi guys. It's Veteran's day again. Time
fly's so fast for me anymore. So, "Happy-
Veteran's-Day". May we all see many more.
And, as the kids today like to say, "Thanks
for your service". I get the feeling, people
say this because we went, and they didn't
have too. What say you all?

I say to those who thank me, "I appreciate that, but the ones who really
need to be thanked are those who didn't make it home".

Old November 11th 14, 10:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

Drifter wrote:

Hi guys. It's Veteran's day again. Time
fly's so fast for me anymore. So, "Happy-
Veteran's-Day". May we all see many more.
And, as the kids today like to say, "Thanks
for your service". I get the feeling, people
say this because we went, and they didn't
have too. What say you all?

I say to those who thank me, "I appreciate that, but the ones who really
need to be thanked are those who didn't make it home".

The one thing I'm looking forward to is heading a few miles over to the
lake, possibly going out on the pier if the weather is ok, and paying my
respects to Paul Lambers, Congressional Medal of Honor Recipient, who was
lost off the pier December 1, 1970. His body was never recovered.

Old November 11th 14, 12:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 11/11/2014 5:25 AM, dxAce wrote:

dxAce wrote:

Drifter wrote:

Hi guys. It's Veteran's day again. Time
fly's so fast for me anymore. So, "Happy-
Veteran's-Day". May we all see many more.
And, as the kids today like to say, "Thanks
for your service". I get the feeling, people
say this because we went, and they didn't
have too. What say you all?

I say to those who thank me, "I appreciate that, but the ones who really
need to be thanked are those who didn't make it home".

The one thing I'm looking forward to is heading a few miles over to the
lake, possibly going out on the pier if the weather is ok, and paying my
respects to Paul Lambers, Congressional Medal of Honor Recipient, who was
lost off the pier December 1, 1970. His body was never recovered.

Honorable Steve. Is your state in the middle of that bad weather
coming down from the north? We get our shot tomorrow. Had first
snow last week; too warm to lay then, cooler this week. Watch
that wind don't blow you off the pier. But, being Navy, I'm sure
your legs are better in the wind than I would be. Best of the
day to you.

Drifter...

Old November 11th 14, 03:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

Drifter wrote:

[...]

cuhulin,
that is the first really NORMAL reply that I have ever seen you post. No
bullcrap ,,,www****.
Old November 11th 14, 03:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

Drifter wrote:

[...]

Thanks. I won't be heading out to the lake today though, as I do that on Dec.
1st.

As far as the weather goes, right now it's about 57 degrees, and the cold front
is approaching.

Old November 11th 14, 04:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

Drifter wrote:

[...]

Currently, 65 degrees inside my flower box on doggy's front porch. The weather people on TV say it is going to get COLD (When it's Springtime in the Rockies, it's 40 below) in The Great Land Mass. http://foldsofhonor.org Veterans Day: Honoring All Who Served With Folds Of Honor
Old November 11th 14, 04:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

Drifter wrote:

[...]

16:30u here, temp 61. That storm is on the way. Temp will be
dropping all day and over night. The weather people are already
jumping up and down about it. I guess this will be the first
real storm of the season. Little early for my taste. But, and
this is for Larry, I got a new jeep this last July. Always wanted one
just never got around to shopping for one. My older brother always
had a jeep around, for the winter mostly. I picked up a 2014 Patriot.
Surprise, I love it. Lots of fun. And it won't beat me to death like
my brothers. So, I guess I'm ready for winter.

Drifter...

Old November 11th 14, 05:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

Drifter wrote:

[...]

So, now you say Jeep. I have a 1948 Willys Jeep I bought for $300.00 about seven years ago. It is rusty and slap worn out, it was like that when I bought it. The elderly guy (in Edwards, The Great Land Mass, little town of Edwards is 13 miles West of doggy's couch) I bought it from said it has two burnt valves. I had to use one of my Come A Longs and some old rusty lenghts of chain to get my Jeep from my driveway to doggy's back yard. The Jeep's engine isn't seized up. Maybe next Spring I will try to get the engine running. Flat Fenders Forever! http://thecj2apage.com

Hey Larry, others dave Shortwave 1 May 4th 11 01:19 AM
Where's Larry? dave Shortwave 1 February 2nd 11 06:06 PM
so let me get this straight steve....OTOH steve proves he claim that he never lies a lie all in one post an_old_friend Policy 3 April 9th 06 08:52 AM
New Threats from a Steve Want-a-be or perhaps it's from Slick Steve Roberson himself....you guess N9OGL Policy 60 July 26th 05 06:18 PM
Where is Larry? Scott in Baltimore CB 1 June 8th 04 09:20 PM