Old April 21st 15, 10:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default You know, Steve...

Glad to hear it! I just got out of hospital/nursing home yesterday so not up to
snuff. Took a fall here apparently and was on floor for 4 days before found. Happy
to be home with my Drakes. Just downloaded 365 emails! Have to go through em and
make calls on bills and go through all reg mail too! What fun.

"D. Peter Maus" wrote:

...It was some years ago, after listening to you go on about your
Drakes, that I ran across one at a model train show. An R-8A.

Guy wanted $450 for it, I talked him down to what I had in my pocket
and took it home.

Well, after listening to it every day, sometimes for hours at a time, I
realized today that I've never had a minute's trouble with it. And, I've
never gotten worn out listening to the audio, as I had with my ICOM's.

Calibration is still dead on. Sync locks right up on all but the very
weakest signals, and the passband offset gets more than it's share of a
workout.

So, thank you for the advocacy. It spurred a very satisfactory
purchase. And a return to faith in a US company in the electronics
business.

Keep the flame.

Old April 21st 15, 11:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 4/21/15 04:37 , dxAce wrote:
Glad to hear it! I just got out of hospital/nursing home yesterday so not up to
snuff. Took a fall here apparently and was on floor for 4 days before found. Happy
to be home with my Drakes. Just downloaded 365 emails! Have to go through em and
make calls on bills and go through all reg mail too! What fun.

Oooh...sorry to hear, Steve. Are you on your way back to full speed?
Yeah...welcome back.

Wow. Slipped and fell on the ice last winter. But I was only down for
about 10 minutes.

Nothing like this.

Godspeed, Steve.