Old June 7th 15, 06:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Don't Buy Magnavox Junk

On Sunday, March 29, 1998 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Pam wrote:
A while back I bought a Magnavox/Phillips VCR and after I had been using
it (with very light usage) six months, it started first eating tapes and
then wouldn't stay turned on (shut down after a few seconds of being
turned on). The problem (apparently) was an infrared diode (D205) that
burns out or doesn't provide enough light output. From what I've heard,
this is a common problem with Magnavox/Phillips VCRs that are now being
made by Funai. So, if you don't want a VCR that only last 6 months
before needing repairs, don't buy Magnavox.

Pam

These are all from a while back, but I wanted to let everyone know that Magnavox is still at taking advantage of people. I documented my whole experience at the link below, but among the things they did was create a false ticket in my name to close the unresolved case, they even sent me a survey, and lie to the Better Business Bureau about the options that they offered me, which they never did. My guess is they threaten their guys in India to close cases in a certain amount of time, and tell them to make sure they don't ever fix anything. Anyway, the rest is here
http://brokenhivemind.com/?p=573
Old June 7th 15, 06:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sunday, June 7, 2015 at 12:06:03 PM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

I have a little bitty Magnavox AM/FM/Shortwave Radio. It was working great untill one day I accidently knocked it off of doggy's couch and the radio hit my hardwood floor, broke a lot of little bitty soldered connections. I have a larger Magnavox AM/AM/Shortwave radio too, it works A OK. I also have some other old Magnavox radios too. Magnavox is Good stuff.

What is the value of a junk box? gareth Equipment 0 January 20th 14 02:17 PM
When will we get rid of this (RF JUNK)?? Jim-NN7K[_2_] Antenna 11 June 20th 09 09:06 PM
Still looking for junk TS-430 Michael Brandt Swap 0 July 21st 04 07:01 PM
Junk Junk Patrick769 Shortwave 3 May 14th 04 03:37 AM
Still looking for junk TS-830 and TS-430 Michael Brandt Swap 0 November 27th 03 06:56 PM