Old December 15th 15, 02:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Satellit 500 repair in UK

I have a Sat 500 which has all a.m.functions.F.m. works perfectly however.
I'm now looking for someone capable of fixing this setin UK..Not looking for a cheap job necessarily.
I'm reluctant to scrap it or see for spares as it's such a nice radio BUT it doesn't work;
Your help appreciated.
Julian
Old December 15th 15, 06:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Monday, December 14, 2015 at 9:16:44 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I have a Sat 500 which has all a.m.functions.F.m. works perfectly however.
I'm now looking for someone capable of fixing this setin UK..Not looking for a cheap job necessarily.
I'm reluctant to scrap it or see for spares as it's such a nice radio BUT it doesn't work;
Your help appreciated.
Julian

What is the actual problem/symptom ?
Old December 15th 15, 08:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Tuesday, 15 December 2015 02:16:44 UTC, wrote:
I have a Sat 500 which has all a.m.functions.F.m. works perfectly however.
I'm now looking for someone capable of fixing this setin UK..Not looking for a cheap job necessarily.
I'm reluctant to scrap it or see for spares as it's such a nice radio BUT it doesn't work;
Your help appreciated.

Thanks michael
I had noticedthat it appeared that some connection was being broken whenever the radio was moved or handled in the past ending in a sudden loss of a.m. a

Old December 15th 15, 08:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Tuesday, 15 December 2015 18:47:28 UTC, wrote:
On Monday, December 14, 2015 at 9:16:44 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I have a Sat 500 which has all a.m.functions.F.m. works perfectly however.
I'm now looking for someone capable of fixing this setin UK..Not looking for a cheap job necessarily.
I'm reluctant to scrap it or see for spares as it's such a nice radio BUT it doesn't work;
Your help appreciated.
Julian

What is the actual problem/symptom ?

Turn on the radio and enter a frequency which will display with a lot of static noise but no signal on a.m..
do the same with f.m and you get an excellent signal.
As I said above I've noticed a clunking noise in the past when the radio was moved or turned accompanied by a loss of a.m. just as though some internal connection was lost .I'm not an electronnics man so that's why I'm seeking someone to fix this in UK .such a fine radio.My best IMO out of a whole lot of Sony products

Old December 15th 15, 08:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Tuesday, 15 December 2015 20:19:48 UTC, wrote:
[...]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm7Y4FgDGEc

this iis not me on youtube but the same problem

this

This is what I have https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm7Y4FgDGEc