Old December 25th 15, 11:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default CBC St. Johns 6160 kHz

Good signal from CBC Atlantic station on 6160 kHz (presumed) at 2300UTC.
Considering it is still daylight in Vancouver.

Jim(MI)
Old December 26th 15, 04:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
RF Collins wrote:
Good signal from CBC Atlantic station on 6160 kHz (presumed) at 2300UTC.
Considering it is still daylight in Vancouver.

Are you talking about the CBC-One transmitter in Vancouver,
which is a back country relay for 690 kHz, or one of the
other Canadian stations? (It's a long way to the Atlantic ;-) ).

I regularly listen to 6160 from Vancouver to get Quirks and Quarks
(Saturday at 20:00 UTC), but I only live about 120 miles away.

Mark Zenier

Old December 29th 15, 12:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Mark Zenier wrote:

In article ,
RF Collins wrote:
Good signal from CBC Atlantic station on 6160 kHz (presumed) at 2300UTC.
Considering it is still daylight in Vancouver.

Are you talking about the CBC-One transmitter in Vancouver,
which is a back country relay for 690 kHz, or one of the
other Canadian stations? (It's a long way to the Atlantic ;-) ).

I regularly listen to 6160 from Vancouver to get Quirks and Quarks
(Saturday at 20:00 UTC), but I only live about 120 miles away.

Well, he did mention 'CBC ATLANTIC station'...

Yea, but I thought that RF was in Michigan, and I don't get the
connection between "Atlantic" and "Vancouver".

Mark Zenier
Old December 29th 15, 07:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

You've obviously missed the boat... Please re-read his original post.

Mark Zenier wrote:

In article ,
dxAce wrote:

Old December 30th 15, 03:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
dxAce wrote:
Mark Zenier wrote:
In article ,
dxAce wrote:
Mark Zenier wrote:
In article ,
RF Collins wrote:

Good signal from CBC Atlantic station on 6160 kHz (presumed) at 2300UTC.
Considering it is still daylight in Vancouver.

Are you talking about the CBC-One transmitter in Vancouver,
which is a back country relay for 690 kHz, or one of the
other Canadian stations? (It's a long way to the Atlantic ;-) ).

I regularly listen to 6160 from Vancouver to get Quirks and Quarks
(Saturday at 20:00 UTC), but I only live about 120 miles away.

Well, he did mention 'CBC ATLANTIC station'...

Yea, but I thought that RF was in Michigan, and I don't get the
connection between "Atlantic" and "Vancouver".

You've obviously missed the boat... Please re-read his original post.

But if he's in Vancouver, the local transmitter, out by the airport in
the Fraser Delta, should have stepped all over any 6160 DX. Not sure
of the hours, but it runs until around Sunset. (23:00 is 3 PM, here).
It was still running as of a week and a half ago, earlier in the day.

Mark Zenier