Old January 27th 16, 07:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Do y'all

cats listen to that thar coast to coast Phoney Baloney BS? www.michaelsheiser.com www.sitchiniswrong.com Along about midnight doggy and I are hittin the sack. I listen to doggy snoring.
Old January 27th 16, 09:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

DhiaDuit wrote:

cats listen to that thar coast to coast Phoney Baloney BS? www.michaelsheiser.com www.sitchiniswrong.com Along about midnight doggy and I are hittin the sack. I listen to doggy snoring.

I used to listen to it a lot years ago, back when Art Bell was running the show. Always some interesting topics, but certainly just a lot of fun listening to the kooks call in!

Old January 27th 16, 10:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Wednesday, January 27, 2016 at 3:13:03 PM UTC-6, dxAce wrote:
DhiaDuit wrote:

cats listen to that thar coast to coast Phoney Baloney BS? www.michaelsheiser.com www.sitchiniswrong.com Along about midnight doggy and I are hittin the sack. I listen to doggy snoring.

I used to listen to it a lot years ago, back when Art Bell was running the show. Always some interesting topics, but certainly just a lot of fun listening to the kooks call in!

I can use my little bitty micro cassete tape recorder set on low speed and record coast to coast and play it back later, but that is too trouble. I have a mini solid state digital recorder, it eats batteries.
Old January 27th 16, 11:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 1/27/16 15:12 , dxAce wrote:

DhiaDuit wrote:

cats listen to that thar coast to coast Phoney Baloney BS?
www.michaelsheiser.com www.sitchiniswrong.com
Along about midnight doggy and I are hittin the sack. I listen to
doggy snoring.

I used to listen to it a lot years ago, back when Art Bell was
running the show. Always some interesting topics, but certainly just
a lot of fun listening to the kooks call in!

Sadly, 'kooks' describe many, if not most, callers to talk radio, these
days.

Old January 28th 16, 12:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Wednesday, January 27, 2016 at 5:51:19 PM UTC-6, D. Peter Maus wrote:
On 1/27/16 15:12 , dxAce wrote:

DhiaDuit wrote:

cats listen to that thar coast to coast Phoney Baloney BS?
www.michaelsheiser.com www.sitchiniswrong.com
Along about midnight doggy and I are hittin the sack. I listen to
doggy snoring.

I used to listen to it a lot years ago, back when Art Bell was
running the show. Always some interesting topics, but certainly just
a lot of fun listening to the kooks call in!

Sadly, 'kooks' describe many, if not most, callers to talk radio, these
days.

Super Talk Mississippi Radio Yesterday a guy in Wisconsin called in. He didn't sound like a kook either.

Old January 28th 16, 05:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Wed, 27 Jan 2016, D. Peter Maus wrote:

On 1/27/16 15:12 , dxAce wrote:

DhiaDuit wrote:

cats listen to that thar coast to coast Phoney Baloney BS?
www.michaelsheiser.com www.sitchiniswrong.com
Along about midnight doggy and I are hittin the sack. I listen to
doggy snoring.

I used to listen to it a lot years ago, back when Art Bell was
running the show. Always some interesting topics, but certainly just
a lot of fun listening to the kooks call in!

Sadly, 'kooks' describe many, if not most, callers to talk radio, these
days.

I always thought Art Bell could have a great show, if he actually went
after interesting topics.

Too often it was the weird. Every so often he'd have a guest on to talk
about a "real" subject, and that was pretty good. I never heard "Long
John" Nebel, so perhaps I'm imposing too much, but it sounded like he
would get interesting guest on to talk about interesting things. That can
be pretty good overnight, let them talk rather than squeeze them in
between ads and the news.

Gee, even about fifteen years ago, the local talk station would have a
more "free form" to it, if a popular guest was still getting callers, they
might add some time. Now they barely want that guest on, she gets 30
minutes at much greater intervals. Meanwhile the hosts are giving out the
phone numbers, and telling the callers they have to move on (rather than
let the caller have a rebuttal), but then the host rehashes what he's been
saying, because there are no more callers.

Michael

Old January 28th 16, 06:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

DhiaDuit wrote:

cats listen to that thar coast to coast Phoney Baloney BS? www.michaelsheiser.com www.sitchiniswrong.com Along about midnight doggy and I are hittin the sack. I listen to doggy snoring.

Don't listen as much as I used to. Art Bell was a pretty good
interviewer. If Noory doesn't have a great guest, it's pretty easy to
fall asleep.
Old January 29th 16, 12:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 1/28/2016 1:22 PM, analogdial wrote:
DhiaDuit wrote:

cats listen to that thar coast to coast Phoney Baloney BS? www.michaelsheiser.com www.sitchiniswrong.com Along about midnight doggy and I are hittin the sack. I listen to doggy snoring.

Don't listen as much as I used to. Art Bell was a pretty good
interviewer. If Noory doesn't have a great guest, it's pretty easy to
fall asleep.

I loved Art Bell. Always had some wacko on. Great entertainment.
If you take it as that. Were some of his subjects/guest real?
Who knows, but i sure enjoyed some of them. George has run out
of real wacky guest. I don't care for the religious wack-jobs
he has on from time to time. That guy from Vegas, on the weekends
is usually cool. Whats his name, George Knape? Or something. I
believe it's time for Noory to retire, and get some fresh blood
on there...

Drifter...