Old November 11th 16, 09:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Choice of 1st "Real Radio" Question

On Tuesday, May 29, 2001 at 1:00:34 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Ok, played for 2 days and 1 night with my lil DX-328. Studied books,
the internet and a lot of e mail. If I am not off track, I would like
to purchase one of the following today or tomorrow from Universal
Radio while they have a sale on. Please, someone who really
understands all this guide me on which may be best and why? My choices

----ICOM ic-r75 for $5.69.00 think I have to buy my own antennae?
Which one & how much money roughly? Also, is that a signal strength
meter I see on the faceplate? Don't want a radio without one but the
picture shows it as some kind of "bar graph" deal?

----Yaesu frg-100b for $499.95 again the antennae question.

I noted the freq range was better on the ICO=30-60000 khz verses
50-30000 khz on the Yaesu. I don't even know if this matters, but
would like to know! Also, any other choices in my price range you all
would recommend? Any that pick up Police freqs as well. My old scanner
is dying. Thanks again, Mike

----

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
The sending of any unsolicited email advertising messages to this domain will result in the imposition of civil liability against you in
accordance with Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code Section 17538.45.
Mike & Trish - Oceanside, California

Because we all have the ability to really do something if we choose too, please visit this site & help! It doesn't cost anything, and who knows, you may just change the world. Please just visit:
http://members.ud.com/services/teams...A-E0F1B9D59C7C

To reply, just delete "real" from address

i'm planning to get a R-70-72 swl rig then the r-7000 for unf/vhf

listing i got 2 scanners and 3 junk sw radios Darryl

then a hf/uhf/vhf ham tx next year