Old June 25th 17, 08:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Comptroller: 'State can no longer function'

AD wrote:
[...]
On Wednesday, June 21, 2017 at 11:36:43 AM UTC-5, analogdial wrote:
DhiaDuit wrote:

www.drudgereport.com ...Bananaois

The Federal Government is sucking too much tax money out of Illinois and
sending it to Mississippi.

Good

It's such a shame that The Magnificent Trump plans to make cuts to the
Food Stamp program. I would have preferred that SNAP cards were
printed with "Cheerfully Provided by the Good People of New York,
California and Illinois".

That's rich.

The states whose liberal elites are the founders of the welfare state
complaining that the welfare state is making them broke.

If you quit telling Mississippi who has to be subsidized and to what
extent, and if you quit thinking that the top brackets need to pay
a vastly disproportionate share of the welfare state, then maybe
some of your high rollers' funds could have been tapped to keep
you yourselves from going down the tubes. There is a valid argument,
and always has been, for using local funds to solve local problems.

So the high income states are bearing Kipling's "The White Man's Burden".

Oh the irony.

George
Old June 26th 17, 02:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sunday, June 25, 2017 at 8:00:39 PM UTC-5, fred k. engels wrote:
Jeremy Corbyn a great man of the Mount Paektu type
backed by Communist Party

"DhiaDuit" wrote in message

On Sunday, June 25, 2017 at 4:01:51 PM UTC-5, George Cornelius wrote:
In article ,
(George Cornelius) writes:
The states whose liberal elites are the founders of the welfare state
complaining that the welfare state is making them broke.

Tribune today compares Illinois' troubles to NYC's back in the Gerald
Ford era, and points out that the Feds did help out, but only after the
state stepped in, instituting some reforms and taking responsibility
at state level for bond sales at to fund some of the city's obligations.
To this day, apparently, there are checks and balances in place to keep
the overspending of the profligate years from recurring.

George [an out of state graduate of Illinois Institute of Technology in
then Mayor Richard J. Daley's neighborhood in the South Side, and perhaps
a recipient, indirectly, of State funds in receiving a scholarship from
that school]

Hell, subsidize me!
www.drudgereport.com demoCRAPS Behind Russian
Dossier

That married Irish woman in Bognor Regis, England, she is for corbyn. I didn't tell herself so, but she is NUTZ! I like Theresa May. www.thegatewaypundit.com Soldier stamps Covfefe on Howitzer Gun. No more celebrating ramaDAMN in our White House.

Old June 26th 17, 02:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

www.redstatewatcher.com Riots in London ...Let me click on Sky TV Live
Old June 26th 17, 02:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

George Cornelius wrote:

[...]
DhiaDuit wrote:

www.drudgereport.com ...Bananaois

The Federal Government is sucking too much tax money out of Illinois and
sending it to Mississippi.

Good

It's such a shame that The Magnificent Trump plans to make cuts to the
Food Stamp program. I would have preferred that SNAP cards were
printed with "Cheerfully Provided by the Good People of New York,
California and Illinois".

That's rich.

The states whose liberal elites are the founders of the welfare state
complaining that the welfare state is making them broke.

Haven't you figured it out yet? Sad. We do it to keep them DEPENDENT.

That't the whole point of welfare.

Everyone knows that.

If you quit telling Mississippi who has to be subsidized and to what
extent, and if you quit thinking that the top brackets need to pay
a vastly disproportionate share of the welfare state, then maybe
some of your high rollers' funds could have been tapped to keep
you yourselves from going down the tubes. There is a valid argument,
and always has been, for using local funds to solve local problems.

Ah, there's the rub. We liberals gave the states TOO MUCH CONTROL in
the food stamp program. Sure, the always intrusive Federal Government
insisted the states better make even Injuns and Colored People eligible,
but we REALLY should be shooting cans of Hammer & Sickle BEETS &
TURNIPS directly to our dependants from gigantic USDA cannons in
Washington DC.

To HELL with the profiteering, capitalist local supermarkets!!

So the high income states are bearing Kipling's "The White Man's Burden".

Oh the irony.

Kipling forgot about Oprah.

George

Old June 26th 17, 06:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article , analogdial writes:
George Cornelius wrote:
George [an out of state graduate of Illinois Institute of Technology in
then Mayor Richard J. Daley's neighborhood in the South Side, and perhaps
a recipient, indirectly, of State funds in receiving a scholarship from
that school]

No doubt you've paid it back many times over! A worthy public
investment indeed!!

Unclear where their funds came from, and lots of students were
there on "Illinois State Scholarships".

I suspect selected out of state students were recruited to help
keep their average SAT scores up due to a (generally reasonable)
policy of preferring local students. Not affirmative action,
since that had not really hit the colleges, or at least the
private schools, yet, just preference for the community that
supports you.

But there were some folks who paid their own way, and there were
alumni donors who, like me in this era, did their best to provide
younger folks some of the advantages they received.

George
Old June 26th 17, 07:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

megyn kelly just received career ENDING NEWS! www.redstatewatcher.com ...Hell Yeah, Hell Yeah, Hell Yeah!
Old June 26th 17, 07:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 6/26/2017 1:59 PM, George Cornelius wrote:

I suspect selected out of state students were recruited to help
keep their average SAT scores up due to a (generally reasonable)
policy of preferring local students.

"Preferring local students"?

Interesting thought, as many states prefer out of state students --
because they pay a lot more tuition than locals.