Old November 20th 19, 04:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default ATS 803a

My ATS 803a, having been turned on 24/7 since
1975, finally stopped working. I suppose I could
try factory reset and stuff but what the hell.

Just thought I should mark the occasion. Pretty
good reliability.

The wall wart, clock and light still work but it
won't turn on.

Old November 22nd 19, 04:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Wed, 20 Nov 2019 11:24:25 -0500, Ron Hardin wrote:

+AD4 My ATS 803a, having been turned on 24/7 since
+AD4 1975, finally stopped working. I suppose I could
+AD4 try factory reset and stuff but what the hell.
+AD4
+AD4 Just thought I should mark the occasion. Pretty
+AD4 good reliability.
+AD4
+AD4 The wall wart, clock and light still work but it
+AD4 won't turn on.

Didn't your SuperRadio die the same way (on 24/7) a year and a half ago?

If you tape the light button down, you'll still be able to read the clock 24/7,

Old November 22nd 19, 10:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

fred__k._engels® wrote:

The ATS 803a has only been since 1989, this an early prototype model
available in 1975?

You might be right. I was thinking I got it right when I moved out here and dating it
that way. Maybe it was later. Anyway on 24/7 for decades.

The big topic at the time was the anti-chuff mod, which I quickly applied.

WTB: ATS-803A or DX-440 Frank Bals Shortwave 3 January 25th 05 04:30 AM
ATS-803A Kjell Equipment 0 August 9th 04 10:19 PM
ATS-803A Kjell Equipment 0 August 9th 04 10:19 PM
ATS-803A Kjell Equipment 0 August 9th 04 10:19 PM
Sangean ATS-803A forte agent Shortwave 0 February 1st 04 10:25 PM