Old June 30th 03, 03:22 PM
Robert

Default Trade Notebook for HF Receiver

"Rigali5" wrote in message
Every "JERK" has to add there two cents in and the last time I looked the

Dell
I have is closeing bids on Ebay around $500.00. A used Drake R8 is going

for
$400- $500.00 seems to be a pretty fair trade...

Nope - computers depreciate farther and faster than things like
radios do. It won't be long before that laptop is only worth something as a
family hand-me-down; the radio will hold it's value a _lot_ longer.

---

Old July 1st 03, 11:14 AM
N8KDV

Robert wrote:

"Rigali5" wrote in message
Every "JERK" has to add there two cents in and the last time I looked the

Dell
I have is closeing bids on Ebay around $500.00. A used Drake R8 is going

for
$400- $500.00 seems to be a pretty fair trade...

Nope - computers depreciate farther and faster than things like
radios do. It won't be long before that laptop is only worth something as a
family hand-me-down; the radio will hold it's value a _lot_ longer.

That certainly sounds like an excellent point to me. Thanks for bringing that
up.

---

Old July 1st 03, 12:34 PM
Robert

"N8KDV" wrote

That certainly sounds like an excellent point to me. Thanks for bringing

that
up.

Yer welcome!

---

Old July 1st 03, 02:24 PM
DeWayne

"Robert" wrote in message

"Rigali5" wrote in message
Every "JERK" has to add there two cents in and the last time I looked

the
Dell
I have is closeing bids on Ebay around $500.00. A used Drake R8 is going

for
$400- $500.00 seems to be a pretty fair trade...

Nope - computers depreciate farther and faster than things like
radios do. It won't be long before that laptop is only worth something as

family hand-me-down; the radio will hold it's value a _lot_ longer.

What's the difference whether you pay cash or trade? The computer is still
going to depreciate very fast.
DeWayne

---

Old July 1st 03, 05:05 PM
Mike Maghakian

I offer a Yaesu FRG-7700 with active Yaesu antenna !!!!!!

(Rigali5) wrote in message ...
I have a clean Dell Latitude P3 500 MHz notebook with DVD , Floppy, 56K Modem ,
20 GIG HD, 128K RAM, Targa Case and ME for a good quality HF receiver

Old July 2nd 03, 12:14 PM
DeWayne

"Robert" wrote in message

The computer is still
going to depreciate very fast.

It's not even funny. I've been upgrading my box the smart way over
the last couple of years; finally had enough left-over parts to build a PC
to give to my sister (PII, 400mhz). Thing was cutting edge not too long
ago - it's cheap junk now. It's fine for her needs, though, probably more
than she needs.
I'm in the market for a laptop myself, but I only need it to run a
couple of pc-control radios - I expect to see what I need for less than

$300
Real Soon Now, hehe.

I spent $3500 for a new Gateway back in 1994. And $1200 for a new XT before
that. All pretty much worthless a few years later. My son got quite an
education using them though so in reality they served their purposes well.
DeWayne

---