Old July 14th 03, 06:11 PM
LHogan5782

Default watkins johnson receiver

I bought one of these radios a week ago and i cannot get it to work. when i
first plug in the radio it displayed the frequency, so i took it home and
cleaned up the buttons then the display started showing all kind of characters.
I dont know if when i cleaned it i touched something or it is the battery or
what.

when i turn on the radio the the memory scan shows G CA ? ; 7 3 the frequency
display shows 55 5555 flashing and the middle upper display shows / + ' #
then the display below that shows 0 and an arrow pointing down.

If anyone know anything that can help me i would apreciate it, or an address or
telephone number to where i can send it to get it fix

thanks
Old July 14th 03, 10:27 PM
Al

Would you please post the link to this list. I have an old Racal 6790 that I
could use some help with. Thank you.

Al
KA5JGV

Your best bet for information like this is probably the members of the

premium rx list. You can contact me by email for a link/email address.
Mark

Old July 15th 03, 10:37 PM
Lee Marcus

The best place I have ever sent a receiver to have have it repaired is
RadioLabs in N. California. I have sent them 3 different radios for
repair (including my Drake R8B and a Yaesu FRG-7) and had nothing but
exceptional service from them. Goto http://www.radiolabs.com and click
on their radio repair page.

Just thought I would pass this on to you!
Regards,
Lee
Old July 16th 03, 04:58 AM
starman

Lee Marcus wrote:

The best place I have ever sent a receiver to have have it repaired is
RadioLabs in N. California. I have sent them 3 different radios for
repair (including my Drake R8B and a Yaesu FRG-7) and had nothing but
exceptional service from them. Goto http://www.radiolabs.com and click
on their radio repair page.

What is there hourly rate?

Old July 20th 03, 10:05 AM
starman

Thanks.

Lee Marcus wrote:

Hello starman,

I don't know what their hourly rate is but they have most of their
repair rates listed on their website. Goto:
http://www.radiolabs.com/repair/radiorepair.html and just click on the
radio that you are interested in. I have sent several different things
out to people over my years in radio and have usually been
disappointed when it came back. Radiolabs was a VERY pleasant suprise.
I have also purchased some things from them but it looks like their
products page is down right now.

I usually don't recommend anyone for anything, but it's a pretty safe
bet. If you get half the service I received you will be extremely
happy.

Their rate is actually pretty low compared to alot of the companies I
have sent stuff to. For example, a Sangean ATS-909 (I have 2 of them
is only $40.

Anyways, just my $0.02

Have a good one!

Lee