Old July 17th 03, 02:22 AM
Enoon

Jack wrote:
Dan

I have given up on calling..10 calls wih nary a response..

I'm surprised he even accepted the radio in for service.
Ross has said that he will longer work on the later Satellits
thanks to chronically bad support from Grundig. It must be
even worse for the Chinese radios, not to mention Grundig's
having gone under.

Old July 17th 03, 02:54 PM
Jack

RHF

Thanks for your response..

I am sure Bavarian are good at repairs and I am aware that I am
responsible for the radio getting to tham safely.. The problem is
Bavarian will not even respond to me to find out if the radio in fact
got there.. It is a simple phone call which they obviously aren't
willing to make.. I sent out the radio on June 1, it is now July 17
and they haven't responded to numerous calls. I think I have a legit
gripe.. All I want to know if it is in there possession.. They can
take a year to fix it..That wouldn't bother me, just at least have the
courtesy to let me know they recieved it..

P.S. I did insure it..

Thanks again for the links..

Jack

(RHF) wrote in message . com...
Jack,

Radio Netherlands "Grundig Yacht Boy 305" Review.
GoTo=
http://www.rnw.nl/realradio/yb305.html

Here is the Grundig-USA (ETON Corp.) "Non-Warranty Repair" WebPage
GoTo= http://www.etoncorp.com/asp/non-warrantyrepair.asp
This is the information on the Two(2) 'service centers' that is
provided for non-warranty repairs.
(Also, there are three Canadian 'service centers' listed.)
[Please - Read the Note at the end.]

ACT Electronics*
21129 Norwalk Boulevard
Hawaiian Gardens, CA 90716
1-800-824-7094

Bavarian Radio Works*
40 Walnut Street
Whitman, MA 02382
781-447-4299

*NOTE: These service centers are wholly independent companies that
are in no way owned by, endorsed by, or affiliated with Grundig. Their
policies, procedures, and pricing are completely separate from and
have no relation to those of Grundig. Customers take full
responsibility for engaging these service centers, and Grundig is in
no way liable for the service performed by these centers.

FWIW: I have always heard good reports and feedback about Bavarian
Radio Works. [YMMV]

The Responsibility for Secured and Safe Delivery and Tracking "To &
From" a Warranty or Repair Center is yours not the repair centers.

When Ever You Send a Radio "To and From" a Warranty or Repair Center:
+ You Must Always Use:
+ + Registared 'Insured' US Mail for Safe Tracking.
+ + + Or, Use UPS Ground (Insured for $300) Plus Requires a Signature.
+ + + + You Must Pay the Price to Protect and Safe Guard Your Property
! ! ! ! ! You Can Not Trust the US Mail to Do Your Job For You [.]
NOTE: It is very very hard for a Warranty or Service Center to
'reply' to a [potential] "Customers Issue" about a product that they
never received via the US Mail because they never got it.

~ RHF
.
-o/m- "Grundig Yacht Boy Radios" eGroup at YAHOO !
(Looking Forward to the Release of the Yacht Boy YB-550 PE in
June-2003.)
.
-o/m- "Grundig S350" eGroup at YAHOO !
* The Next Generation of SUPER RADIO for the New Millennium !
* Alas, Nothing more than 'reasonably size' Broad Cast Listener's
Radio.
.
-o/m- "Grundig Satellit 900" eGroup at YAHOO !
(In Development - Pending the Release of the GS900 in 4th QTR-2003.)
.
-o/m- "Kenwood R-5000" eGroup at YAHOO !
The Culmination of Kenwood's World Band Receivers a True "BenchMark".
.
.
= = = (Jack)
= = = wrote in message . com...
RHF

It's a YB 305.. I am the original owner and I have had it about 5
years.. Not under warranty as far as I know..

Jack

(RHF) wrote in message om...
Jack,

What model Grundig radio did you have ?

Were you the original owner ?

How long have you own it ?

Was it still under warranty ?

~ RHF
.
.
= = =
(Jack)
= = = wrote in message . com...
Has anyone else had problems with getting a Grundig Radio repaired?
Grundig has 2 shops in the US that they recommend for repairs and to
get in touch with these people is nearly impossible.. I sent my
Grundig to Bavarian Radio in Massachusetts in the beginning of June
and I still have no idea if it has even been recieved by them! I left
numerous messages and even spoke to a person there who said he would
"call me back".. Hasn't happened yet and that was 3 weeks ago..

Buyer beware.. DO NOT BUY A GRUNDIG.. The radios are fine but God
forbid there is a problem you are screwed.. I have never seen poorer
cust. service or communication in my life..

When I called Grundig about the matter they said there is nothing
they can do..

Here's an idea Grundig.. Recommend reputable and responsible repair
shops..

Old July 17th 03, 02:58 PM
Jack

Mike.

In retrospect you are 100% correct.. I just figured it was a minor
problem that could be easily fixed..

I actually may take your advice now.. I didn't know they were that
inexpensive used..

Thanks

Jack

(Mike Maghakian) wrote in message . com...
I am not sure what you are thinking, spending all this time and money
on a radio that you can buy on-line used for $40 ? You are spending
far more than the radio is worth. why didn't you just buy another used
one ? universal has a used YB400 for $89 and that is close to what you
will have invested in repairs. you should have thrown away the 305
when it broke and invest all that money in a working radio.