Old August 1st 03, 03:48 AM
RadioRay

Default Why shouldn't gay marriages be permitted, Georgie?

"Killa T" wrote in message news:cWV2ZXJ5.4313249af5839c77718efd8b5235718b@10 59644075.cotse.net...
From The Associated Press, 7/30/03:
http://www.msnbc.com/news/945974.asp?0cv=CB10

Bush backs law to bar gay marriage

Legislation would define marriage as union between
a man and a woman

WASHINGTON --

President Bush said Wednesday that he had government lawyers working
on a law that would define marriage as a union between a woman and a
man, casting aside calls to legalize gay marriages.

"I BELIEVE MARRIAGE is between a man and a woman, and I believe we
ought to codify that one way or the other, and we have lawyers looking
at the best way to do that," the president said in a wide-ranging news
conference at the White House Rose Garden.

Bush also urged, however, that America remain a "welcoming country"
not polarized on the issue of homosexuality.

Why not? Because it is a disgusting, filthy, and wrong approach. A normal
person cannot bear to consider the thought of buggery. It is SICK!

Old August 1st 03, 01:55 PM
MJC

That's not it at all. Anybody who wants to bugger anyone else
(consensually) doesn't bother me at all as long as it's in private.
The REAL problem is that if buggery is ordained "legal" by the
government, then, US TAXPAYERS will end up footing the bill because then the
buggers will have access to all sorts of government resources paid for by
TAXPAYERS (that's me) which are currently available to only male/female
married couples.
That my friend, is the reason for this big buggery push.
The nasty by-product of making buggery "unions" legal is that, religion
aside, we will be heading down the road to a degraded society where
historical values will be deemed unimportant and our US society will
eventually go the way of Rome. That is also the goal of progressives and
liberals with regard to political goals in general; buggery is just part of
their big picture.
And that, my friend, is why EVERYONE (whether they are religious or not)
must contact their representatives in Congress to STOP IT IN IT'S TRACKS!
Stay focused on the important aspects of this issue, not your personal
disgust of it (which I share).

MJC
"RadioRay" wrote in message
om...
"Killa T" wrote in message

news:cWV2ZXJ5.4313249af5839c77718efd8b5235718b@10 59644075.cotse.net...
From The Associated Press, 7/30/03:

Old August 1st 03, 05:06 PM
Mark Fox

(RadioRay) wrote in message . com...
"Killa T" wrote in message news:cWV2ZXJ5.4313249af5839c77718efd8b5235718b@10 59644075.cotse.net...
From The Associated Press, 7/30/03:
[...]

As we used to in college: "you should wipe the dick prints off your
lips before saying that!"

Why do you focus on the 10 percent of a relationship that is sexual
and ignore the 90 percent that is filled with loyalty and commitment?
Perhaps because in modern society, loyalty and commitment seems to
have nothing to do with marriage anymore?

And if youre interested in denying medical insurance benifits and
other relationship "perks" to homosexuals then why don't we go all the
way back and once again deny freedom, education and decent jobs to
black people? According to the logic of some who post here, that is
also costing us way too much.

I say that President Bill Clinton had the best solution for our time:
Don't ask. Don't tell.
Old August 1st 03, 10:27 PM
Jeff Santee

"MJC" wrote in message ...
[...]

Well stated and amen to that. People who have the opinion that anybody
should be able to do anything they want are not long term thinkers, or even short term
thinkers for that matter, after all it takes effort to logically think about things. I work
in the medical field and see the outcome of this kind of behavior frequently. Its not
pretty nor is it cheap and someone has to eat the cost.

Jeff

Old August 1st 03, 11:56 PM
Spamhater

"Mark Fox" wrote in message
om...
(RadioRay) wrote in message

. com...
"Killa T" wrote in message

news:cWV2ZXJ5.4313249af5839c77718efd8b5235718b@10 59644075.cotse.net...
From The Associated Press, 7/30/03:
[...]

Problem is TOO MANY LOVE TO TELL. I could care less about Gays. But I do not
want it shoved down my throat. What goes on behind closed doors be it a
man/woman, man/man, woman/woman, human/animal - whatever - SHOULD STAY
there. WHY do they have to SHOUT IT to the world? WHO GIVES A ****? You want
to suck dick, good, go for it, just quit advertising. As for love and
commitment, hell, there is so little of that anymore it is pathetic. Look in
the chat rooms, look at divorce records. Look at shows like Jerry Springer.
This world (at least the US) is lacking seriously in that area.
JMS

Old August 2nd 03, 11:32 AM
RHF

= = = (Mark Fox)
= = = wrote in message . com...
(RadioRay) wrote in message . com...
"Killa T" wrote in message news:cWV2ZXJ5.4313249af5839c77718efd8b5235718b@10 59644075.cotse.net...
From The Associated Press, 7/30/03:
http://www.msnbc.com/news/945974.asp?0cv=CB10

Bush backs law to bar gay marriage

Legislation would define marriage as union between
a man and a woman

Why do you focus on the 10 percent of a relationship that is sexual
and ignore the 90 percent that is filled with loyalty and commitment?
Perhaps because in modern society, loyalty and commitment seems to
have nothing to do with marriage anymore?

MF,

For a while the was the concept of a registared "Domestic Partnership"
{A "Legal Arangement" between two persons.} That would provide
certain benefits and rights to the signatories. This had broader
public support then the concept of GAY Marriage that does not have
broad public support and generates hostility from many segments of
society.

And if youre interested in denying medical insurance benifits and
other relationship "perks" to homosexuals then why don't we go all the
way back and once again deny freedom, education and decent jobs to
black people?

MF,

This may be your personal 'logic' (mind set) to lump "Black People"
(African-Americans) and "Gays" (Homosexuals) together but the same
general percentages of African-Americans view "Gay Marriage" as
objectionable as American Society as a whole. Hispanic-Americans and
Asian-Americans as groups also have simular percentages with respect
to "Gay Marriage".

According to the logic of some who post here,
that is also costing us way too much.

I say that President Bill Clinton had the best solution for our time:
Don't ask. Don't tell.

MF,

! HERE IS A MAJOR LOGICALLY DISCONNECT !
- Don't Ask.
- - Don't Tell.
- - - Means Keeping Your Private Life - PRIVATE [.]
GAY MARRIAGE IS ABOUT BE VERY PUBLIC ABOUT YOUR PRIVATE LIFE !

Can We All Simply Get Along ~ RHF

..

..