Old August 7th 03, 02:50 AM
The Dawn Soliloquy

Default Good news, Rick Wiles goes goodby.

Probably old news, but Rick is telling his shortwave listeners that they were
saps for sending him money to help him build his 'television network", even
though all along Rick promised that the shortwave show would continue. He's
now saying that God told him to stiff the shortwave audience and cancel the
show.

WHAT AN ASSHOLE!

Rick will not succeed on TV, he won't have the freedom to say the
anti-Catholic, anti-Semitic, or anti-gay stuff that he promulgates on his
shows, and anything else of importance will also be squashed by pressure on
the media (if any) that chooses to cover his TV show.

Rick is a certified dickhead. This is the coup de gras. I listened every
night, ignoring his condescension toward Catholics, ignoring his inability to
say more than 5 words without stuttering, ignoring his inability to say many
words, such as terrorist, his own name, fireman, etc, how's he going to have a
TV show? Who the hell is going to read it for him? He'd need a teleprompter
the size of a Drive-in screen to help him read.

Anyway, so long asshole, I feel sorry for those that bought into your lies
about keeping the shortwave show, and were stupid enough to send donations. No
wonder the asshole always claimed that he didn't have the money to meet his
shortwave show's bills, he was building a TV studio.

Regards

Never say never.
Nothing is absolute.
Old August 7th 03, 02:55 PM
unreal cheeze

Rick Wiles was a bunko-artist from the word go.
He tried to remake his SW program into somehing like
a cross betweeen the old Art Bell show and Alex Jones'
Infowars. How so very typical of xian scam artists.

He's no different than Swaggart or Roberts or Tilton.

Tell him to go F--* off.

Old August 7th 03, 09:10 PM
The Dawn Soliloquy

Actually, very very very infrequently he would have a guest that would make
for an interesting show. The last show of his that I found interesting was
about food addictions. Endorphins and whatnot. The man was very articulate,
made for an interesting show and helped me to reevaluate my "fondness" for
food.

As you say, some of his shows were Art Bell like, these I also found
interesting. I'd like to hear more shows on shortwave, at reasonable hours,
discussing natural and unnatural anomalies.

But overall, he is not very consistent in his "promises" to his listeners, and
stretches the nightly conversations with God to extremes. (such as God telling
Rick to have his listeners to send money for the studio or shortwave show).

Regards.

Old August 7th 03, 09:13 PM
The Dawn Soliloquy

Hey Al, (like the greeting hey)

What is Telstar 5? Is it a satellite service that requires a large dish?

In article , Al Patrick wrote:

I don't even know where to find him. I doubt he'll make it onto one of
the local stations and the only other I have is what's on Telstar 5. I
can't see paying the cable company every month. What I see on Telstar
5 is just what is "free to air". Boy, that would be a good place to
practice your foreign language skills -- from Afrikaans to Zulu! (?)

Al

Never say never.
Nothing is absolute.

Old August 7th 03, 09:54 PM
Nasty Gash

"unreal cheeze" wrote in message .. .
Rick Wiles was a bunko-artist from the word go.
He tried to remake his SW program into somehing like
a cross betweeen the old Art Bell show and Alex Jones'
Infowars. How so very typical of xian scam artists.

He's no different than Swaggart or Roberts or Tilton.

If he were selling any nonsense other than "religion", he'd be in jail for fraud.
Old August 7th 03, 10:31 PM
Al Patrick

It's a satellite that requires a small dish. Actually, the one I got is
almost twice the size of Dish Network, etc. (usually 18" +/-) and is 76
cm (about 29.9") usually called a 30" dish.

Pastor Peters offers one for $300 delivered, or about $400 (? $449) if
you want it installed for you. Someone will come out and install it for
you for that price with certain limitations which they clearly specify.
Check out
http://www.scripturesforamerica.org/...html#satellite for the
info on the satellite system that is being offered through Scriptures
For America.

Brother Stair offers a unit for $200 delivered which you have to install
yourself. http://www.overcomerministry.com/web...adio%5Csat.htm
No installation offered. However, if you run into problems they can
help you via email or telephone. Pastor Peters offers no assistance,
but the factory, or sales rep. might -- aside from doing the whole job
for you, which is pretty good assistance. :-)

I had to go the "cheap" route and got the one from Bro. Stair. I
installed it myself and had very little difficulty. The instructions
are pretty clear. He'd probably get upset if he knew he was sending it
to someone to listen to Pastor Peters or to watch tv, which he condemns.
You cannot BUY the satellite system. He won't SELL you the satellite
system. You can't ORDER the satellite system. You HAVE to send an
OFFERING and REQUEST a satellite system. I had mine about 9 days after
I sent the CONTRIBUTION. It only had to go one state away (NC to SC)
and the unit shipped out of Georgia. I was a bit upset when it came in
without instructions or the LNB! Then a day or two later those came in
a small box from SC. It came complete - dish, mounting brackets,
instructions, cables, receiver for inside, even a compass for aligning
the dish. It also had a set of RCA connectored cables to feed from your
receiver to a stereo system to blast it all through the house! :-)
I'm sure he is distributing them for people to be able to listen to HIM
24/7 should they desire it. However, he makes no such requirement,
commitment, etc. Just send him a $200 OFFERING and REQUEST the
satellite system and he'll get it right out to you. It's the cheapest
system I have seen and has no monthly bill with it!

Some of the programming is scrambled. Much is in foreign languages --
Take your pick! Especially, Middle Eastern and Eastern. I expect
there is some place you can "order" a subscription to some of the
scrambled channels, but I'd get used to some of the "free to air" stuff
first. Lots of interesting stuff even if you don't need to practice
your foreign language skills - both on tv and radio.

Oh, It is a SINGLE satellite system and instructions are for setting it
up on Telstar 5 as that's where Stair (and Peters) is at. I expect all
you need is the location of the other satellites to set it on any one
you like. Can't promise you what you'll find on the others. Dish
Network and a few of the others are proprietary and may not work without
a subscription of some kind. This one has been great, and plenty
adequate, so far. Also, I expect you can get a different bracket and
another LNB (or two) and be able to get two or three different
satellites, without having to move the dish.

Go to http://www.winegard.com/products.htm and look carefully at the
"residential satellite" photo and you'll see a dish with THREE LNB's on
it. They provided the 76cm dish and can surely provide extra parts.
You get a larger drawing if you go to the actual residential products page.

Al

==================

Old August 8th 03, 01:23 AM
The Dawn Soliloquy

Hi Al, thanks ever so much for the response, I see that I need to do a bit of
reading and online work, but sounds rather interesting. I do believe that the
dish of the size that you describe is within the limits of those protected
from zoning ordinances against larger antennas.

Thanks again!

Old April 7th 11, 01:54 AM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dawn Soliloquy View Post
[...]

The days of shortwave is almost over and the internet is in. what is the big deal if he goes internet tv. Maybe he should invite you on the first show so you can take him on.
So why do you listen each night if he is an a**hole? you may want to stick to the big 3 networks and drink their Kool-aid. If anything you have to admit he puts on a good news show.
Have a great day and see you on the first show,and tell him I said hello.