Old September 3rd 03, 05:18 PM
Beloved Leader

(RHF) wrote in message . com...

"#5 REPLACING THE RECHARGEABLE BATTERY PACK - Replacing the
rechargeable battery pack (Ni-MH NS-2/3AA, 3.6V, 600 Mah or
equivalent)."

http://www.grundigradio.com/asp/prod...me=fr200#c0402

Since AA NiMH cells with a capacity of about 2000 mAh are now
available, I think a 2/3 AA that has a capacity of more than 600 mAh
ought to be available. I get the impression that a 2/3 AA cell is used
in cordless phones.

I seriously doubt that a 2/3 AA can put out 600 Mah, which would be
mega-amp-hours. Typo, Grundig.
Old September 3rd 03, 05:24 PM
Beloved Leader

"AbbN" wrote in message ...
Hi,

After this power failure I'm seriously thinking about getting one of these
since they only cost $50 here in Canada.

In the US, Bed Bath & Beyond has recently started selling these, at
least in the one store in northern VA where I saw a stack of them two
weeks ago. The price is the same as it is at Radio Shack, $39.99. Bed
Bath & Beyond regularly puts 20% coupons in the newspaper advertising,
however, so, using the coupon, you can buy one from them for $32.
Old September 4th 03, 05:23 AM
Jim Hackett

If you read it again , it says:
The battery compartment allows access to the built-in NiMH pack or for the
three optional AA cells. The radio comes with a very cool canvas carry case
with shoulder strap. The case even has a pocket to keep papers in.
6.75x5.75x2.75 inches.

"Igor Gros" wrote in message
So "Universal radio" informations at:
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/2200.html
are not correct ?

Jim Hackett wrote:

The built-in pack in mine IS Nickel metal...

"Igor Gros" wrote in message
The original built-in NiCad pack inside Grundig FRG 200 receiver
should be replaced with an aproptiate NiMh battery pack.

AbbN wrote:

Hi,

After this power failure I'm seriously thinking about getting one of

these
since they only cost $50 here in Canada. I was lucky that my

batteries
in my
DX-398 and 400PE were charged up and that we didn't go too long

without
power. I suppose back up batteries may be cheaper but I'd like to

hear
any
opinions anyone may have of this thing.

--

Thanks In Advance
Abb N

Old September 5th 03, 07:29 AM
Igor Gros

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/2200.html
Is saying:
The FR200 operates from a wind-up generator, 4.5VDC [ - ] or 3 AA cells. The generator charges the
supplied, replaceable NiCad cells. Two turns per second for 90 seconds will provide
40 to 60 minutes
of operation. This radio features analog tuning with a concentric Fine Tune knob.

RHF wrote:

IG,

This is what Grundig-USA says in its Owners Manual for the FR200.

* * * Grundig FR200 EMERGENCY AM/FM/SW RADIO * * *

"#5 REPLACING THE RECHARGEABLE BATTERY PACK - Replacing the
rechargeable battery pack (Ni-MH NS-2/3AA, 3.6V, 600 Mah or
equivalent)."

http://www.grundigradio.com/asp/prod...me=fr200#c0402

wmcia ~ RHF
.