Old August 19th 03, 12:48 AM
The Dawn Soliloquy

Default Where the hell are the frequencies?

I usually listen to 12.160 and 9.475 in the evening. There is nothing there
now, nor has there been since before 6:00 when I got home? Did I miss
something, did they change frequencies for the season?

Regards.

Never say never.
Nothing is absolute.
Old August 19th 03, 03:50 AM
Pete Ritter

The Dawn Soliloquy wrote:

I usually listen to 12.160 and 9.475 in the evening. There is nothing
there now, nor has there been since before 6:00 when I got home? Did I
miss something, did they change frequencies for the season?

Regards.

Never say never.
Nothing is absolute.

Ask Kenneth.

--
# I prefer GNU/Linux to Windows because
# I prefer self-empowerment to slavery.
Old August 19th 03, 04:59 AM
The Dawn Soliloquy

You related to John Ritter?

http://freespace.virgin.net/avril.bowles/

You seem to have a similar intellect to John?

Maybe not though, John was smart enough to take his inane wit to television
and at least attempt to make some money from it, here you sit on a shortwave
newsgroup offering the same for free.

Regards.

Old August 19th 03, 05:52 AM
WShoots1

Here in SE Texas, 12160 has been nothing until past 1300Z. Others have been
flaky during the day. 9475 tonight, after the first few minutes and a few
minutes before sign off was mostly noise. It wasn't too good before that last
hour.

A big thingie from Ol'Sol was probably responsible. It's still lingering, good
for aurora watchers I guess.

Bill, K5BY
Old August 19th 03, 10:30 PM
Warpcore

http://spaceweather.com/
http://www.sec.noaa.gov/ftpdir/latest/wwv.txt
http://www.hfradio.org/propagation.html

The links above can give some insight

"Leonard" wrote in message
news

Ref: Bad Sun Spot activity...

We had a bad flurry of sunspot activity on top of
a bad decade of shortwave reception..these things
come and go..but, we've had a double-whammy the past
few years. We're in one of the projected down cycles..
and are due to come out of it...assuming things go
as in the past.

Leonard...

Old August 20th 03, 12:59 AM

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 23:48:32 GMT,
The Dawn Soliloquy wrote:
I usually listen to 12.160 and 9.475 in the evening. There is nothing there
now, nor has there been since before 6:00 when I got home? Did I miss
something, did they change frequencies for the season?

- bad band conditions and solar flux
Old August 20th 03, 04:41 AM
WShoots1

This Tuesday morning, 12160 was solid copy everywhere at 1200Z. Sunspot 431 and
its big flare is going LOS.

Bill, K5BY