Old September 6th 03, 02:57 AM
tommyknocker

John Barnard wrote:

Stuff snipped.

This isn't the most prefered way of dealing with someone with a
mentality like Al's but he asked for it ;-)

Here's one for you, Al. Enjoy the verses.

"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but
inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize
them. Do people pick grapes from
thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise every good tree bears good
fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad
fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good
fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown
into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them. "Not
everyone who says to me, `Lord, Lord,'
will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my
Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, `Lord, Lord,
did we not prophesy in your name, and
in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will
tell them plainly, `I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'
Matthew 7:15-23 NIV

I like it. I believe that the Book Of Matthew also says (Matthew 5, I
think) that only "hypocrites" pray in public and to go and pray to the
Lord in secret and the Lord who sees you in secret will reward you
openly.

Al Patrick wrote:

Matthew 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you. KJV

-------

Matthew 16:6 Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees. KJV

Matthew 16:11 How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees? KJV

Matthew 16:12 Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees. KJV

-------

NASB : Matthew 28:1 ¶ Now after the Sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to look at the grave.

2 And behold, a severe earthquake had occurred, for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven and came and rolled away the stone and sat upon it.

3 And his appearance was like lightning, and his garment as white as snow;

4 and the guards shook for fear of him, and became like dead men.

11 ¶ Now while they were on their way, behold, some of the guard came into the city and reported to the chief priests all that had happened.

12 And when they had assembled with the elders and counseled together, they gave a large sum of money to the soldiers,

13 and said, "You are to say, ‘His disciples came by night and stole Him away while we were asleep.’

14 "And if this should come to the governor’s ears, we will win him over and keep you out of trouble."

15 And they took the money and did as they had been instructed; and this story was widely spread among the Jews, and is to this day.

Only goes to show that Satan can quote scripture ;-)

Old September 7th 03, 09:11 PM
tommyknocker

Clete wrote:

Why would you say that "truth" does not exist? Curious....

Everything is perception. The events in our lives are made up of what we
*perceive* to be true, not what actually is true. Since two people will
have two different perceptions of the same event, and since each person
will believe that his perception is the "right" one, what independent
observer can say who is right? Especially since there are no
"independent observers" really, just humans with their different
perceptions. The mainstream media passionately believes that its
perception is right. Alex Jones believes the same thing. How can we
determine who is right, or even if there is a "right"?

Clete

tommyknocker wrote in message ...

underdog class of news reporters? Hmmmm???

I wasn't aware that they did. Every reporter, no matter where he is, has
an agenda. The "truth" (truth does not exist) is simply a function of
the reporter's bias.