Old September 22nd 03, 05:53 AM
John James

Default Anyone help. Power supply question.

I'm setting up my ham station. I just passed my general and I would to be
able to operate when I find out what my call is. Do I hook up the red wire
from my rig to the plus terminal on the power supply?

My friend, who is a new Extra, says the red wire goes to the minus terminal,
but that can't be right because it's opposite of how I hooked my CB. What
wire goes where? Thanks

John

Old September 22nd 03, 06:04 AM
DAG

Troll Troll Troll.
Any ham knows that the red and black wires are the antenna. The power goes
in on the big round PAL25 connector.
Jeezz

Old September 22nd 03, 06:31 AM
Robert Casey

John James wrote:

I'm setting up my ham station. I just passed my general and I would to be
able to operate when I find out what my call is. Do I hook up the red wire
from my rig to the plus terminal on the power supply?

My friend, who is a new Extra, says the red wire goes to the minus terminal,
but that can't be right because it's opposite of how I hooked my CB. What
wire goes where? Thanks

I'm an extra "lite" :-) and the red wire is usually the positive, and
black the negative return.
But I wouldn't depend on anything posted in the r.r.a.p. group, so
either RTFM (if
you have it), or ask over in r.r.a.equipment

assuming that this isn't a troll. But most trolls usually go for "know
code = no ham" or such....

Old September 22nd 03, 08:44 AM
Dwight Stewart

"John James" wrote:

I'm setting up my ham station. I just passed my general
and I would to be able to operate when I find out what
my call is. Do I hook up the red wire from my rig to
the plus terminal on the power supply?

My friend, who is a new Extra, says the red wire goes
to the minus terminal, but that can't be right because it's
opposite of how I hooked my CB. What wire goes
where? Thanks

Cross posted to multiple newsgroups, a dumb question, and a mention of CB
in the same message. This has got to be a troll. But, in case it isn't,
unless someone has messed with the wiring, the red wire almost always goes
to the positive (+).

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/

Old September 22nd 03, 09:24 AM
Ron Hardin

They're colored so you put the right wire on the voltmeter on them.
Just match the color.
--
Ron Hardin

Old September 22nd 03, 01:33 PM
WA8ULX

My friend, who is a new Extra, says the red wire goes to the minus terminal,

Hes right do it that way
Old September 22nd 03, 04:12 PM
Radioman

WA8ULX wrote:

My friend, who is a new Extra, says the red wire goes to the minus terminal,

Hes right do it that way

Thanks for proving you're a trolling alpha-hotel.
Old September 22nd 03, 09:18 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"John James" wrote in message ...

I'm setting up my ham station. I just passed my general and I would to be
able to operate when I find out what my call is. Do I hook up the red

wire
from my rig to the plus terminal on the power supply?

My friend, who is a new Extra, says the red wire goes to the minus

terminal,
but that can't be right because it's opposite of how I hooked my CB. What
wire goes where? Thanks

John

Ah....job security for the electronic techs out there.

Dan/W4NTI