Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 18th 03, 12:39 AM
Michael

Default Longest distance MW, AM broadcast you ever had ???

Hiya..

Any offerings regarding the longest distance MW, AM broadcast that you ever
got ???

Mine, here in NJ, has been: 580 KMJ in Fresno, CA. It's a 50KW station
that I have been able to hear a few times during exceptional MW conditions.
I had to use SSB, NB, several tweaks to the pbt and my "Frankenstein"
antenna, but I was able to hear the station ID.

Any other war stories out there ???
--
Respectfully,

Michael

Home Page: http://md_dxing.tripod.com/
Northern NJ
R75 w/DSP, Kiwa agc/sync & audio mods
G5RV & 200ft longwire w/ICE-180
MFJ-1048 preselector
SoundBlstr Live PC card w/five piece Cambridge
speakers & full software mixer/eq.