Old November 9th 03, 12:28 AM
Jim Akins

Default Is this a great country or what?

You can fool some of the people all of the time or what

Jim A.

Old November 9th 03, 02:14 AM
Soliloquy

"Jim Akins" wrote in
om:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...9302&category=
15051

LOL!

For other not so inclined to visit the link, this is the entire
information listed at the above link.

Description
SHORT WAVE RADIO , OLD BIG BLACK BOX HOT HOT

No picture, just the above, and you still have 6 days to bid.

All this for only $3000 (yes Virginia, this is meant to say Three
Thousand Dollars). How can someone go wrong on such an offer?

But, this seller has vast experience, he has sold 6 items, and has 100%
feedback rating.

Here are his "other auctions"

http://tinyurl.com/u8uu

Visit Tiny URL at http://tinyurl.com/ to see how to get a short URL from
a very long one. This information was provided courtesy of Frank Dresser,
thanks Frank.

LOL

Regards
Old November 9th 03, 04:26 AM
Frank Dresser

"Soliloquy" wrote in message
4...

LOL!

For other not so inclined to visit the link, this is the entire
information listed at the above link.

Description
SHORT WAVE RADIO , OLD BIG BLACK BOX HOT HOT

No picture, just the above, and you still have 6 days to bid.

All this for only $3000 (yes Virginia, this is meant to say Three
Thousand Dollars). How can someone go wrong on such an offer?

The seller has a picture up now, it looks like a Zenith Trans-Oceanic.
Actually, the seller says:

"...looks similar to picture vintage, ..."

I suppose that means he's showing a picture of another radio.

But, this seller has vast experience, he has sold 6 items, and has

100%
feedback rating.

Here are his "other auctions"

http://tinyurl.com/u8uu

The radio might be a bit pricy for many of us. But, things even out in
the long run. Consider 20 unpictured neckties, with a minimum bid of 1
cent!! The seller may not have a digital camera, but he seems eager to
answer questions. And, if the questioner includes his phone number in
the e-mail, the seller will call back anywhere in the US!

"WE BELIEVE IN THE PHRASE "CUSTOMER IS KING""

Well, you can bet that as soon as I become King of the US, I'll have a
$3000 Looks-like-a-Transoceanic AND a box of full of hot hot hot
neckties.

Visit Tiny URL at http://tinyurl.com/ to see how to get a short URL

from
a very long one. This information was provided courtesy of Frank

Dresser,
thanks Frank.

LOL

Regards

Glad it's useful for you. I got it from Jim Menning at
rec.antiques.radio+phono. Thanks, Jim!

Frank Dresser

Old November 9th 03, 05:17 AM
Brenda Ann

"Frank Dresser" wrote in message

"Soliloquy" wrote in message
[...]

The radio pictured is an 8G005... worth maybe 1/20th of his opening bid.. if
it's in top condition, otherwise, maybe between $30-60.

Old November 9th 03, 05:37 AM
Soliloquy

"Brenda Ann" wrote in news:bokg6s$clu$1
@news1.kornet.net:

http://tinyurl.com/u8uu

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...9302&category=
15051

Brenda, when I visited the link, there was no picture.

Spending $3000 for something more than a description is a little less
painful (very very very little less painful).

Regards.

Old November 9th 03, 11:26 AM
Frank Dresser

"Jack" wrote in message

But scroll down to the SHipping and Handling fot those neckties.
$250.00 and $300.00 shipping for each lot, respectively.

Hmmm.. I wonder if he smokes those "diet cactus seeds..."

-jack-

Good catch! Does e-bay make the sellers pay the fees in advance?

Frank Dresser

Old November 9th 03, 11:47 AM
SYSYPHUS' SISTER

And...based on his past purchases, he appears to be a deaf, fat
level-jumping Mason who may or may not be paranoid with a fixation on
Elmo and eating cactus to lose more weight......

and I am,
SYSYPHUS' SISTER

Old November 9th 03, 01:21 PM
Brenda Ann

"Jack" wrote in message

Dunno, I've never sold anything there. I suspect not, though. I
don't think eBay takes a cut on the shipping; only the actual bid. I
I know many sellers that let items go for for literally pennies, but
make up for it on inflated "shipping" charges.

Ebay doesn't take a chunk, but it does say he accepts PayPal, and they DO
take a chunk out of the shipping as well as the selling price..

Old November 9th 03, 01:50 PM
SYSYPHUS' SISTER

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!

I am,
SYSYPHUS' SISTER
(remove your pants to reply)

Jack wrote:
On Sun, 09 Nov 2003 05:47:39 -0600, SYSYPHUS' SISTER
wrote:

And...based on his past purchases, he appears to be a deaf, fat
level-jumping Mason who may or may not be paranoid with a fixation on
Elmo and eating cactus to lose more weight......

LOL!!! I just said the same thing!

Flea-bay can be even more entertaing than Usenet (or Domestic US SWBC
personalities). g

Old November 9th 03, 03:09 PM
Frank Dresser

"Jack" wrote in message

Dunno, I've never sold anything there. I suspect not, though. I
don't think eBay takes a cut on the shipping; only the actual bid. I
I know many sellers that let items go for for literally pennies, but
make up for it on inflated "shipping" charges.

The guys a total newbie to flea-bay, and I don't think he's going to
last long - at least as a seller. He's hooked a couple other newbies
into bidding (one on the ties, and 2 others on the cactus seeds - $25
shipping for 5 seeds! ROTFLMAO!!!!)

Judging from purchases listed in his feedback history, I picture a
slightly deaf, morbidly obese Conspiracy Theory nutcase.

-Jack-

Dave Frantz at WWRB says he only takes cash in advance to transmit
programming. I picture him daily groping through shopping bags to pick
out the cassette tapes among the pocket change and crumpled dollar
bills.

Frank Dresser

FYI: Great DX Info Websites Signal In The Noise Dx 0 August 23rd 03 09:50 PM
FYI: Great DX Info Websites Signal In The Noise Dx 0 August 23rd 03 09:50 PM
4W - a new country ? Rick Murphy Dx 3 August 20th 03 05:59 PM
Great mobile scanner antenna - and cheap ! J999w Scanner 1 July 24th 03 05:05 AM