Old November 21st 03, 12:20 AM
Terry

Default Aurora visible at 38N84W!!!

At 7:00EST (00:00 Zule) my wife and I were shocked to see such a bright
aurora. The sky is crystal clear here in Lexington KY and the aurora
is a sight to be enjoyed. The only other time I saw it was when I was 4
years old. My mother woke me up at about 2:00AM and told me not be be
frightened but that she wanted me to see something I might never have to wait
years to see agian if ever. My wife is still outside enjoying the view.
I do not know how long this one will last, but it is a "must see no TV!"!
Enjoy
Terry

Old November 21st 03, 01:55 AM
Pierre

I am a pilot in the Canadian arctic and we were coming back from Pond
Inlet last night and they were amazing! It was one of the brightest I ever
saw. White, yellow and orange. Really impressive.

Pierre

m...

Old November 22nd 03, 05:07 AM
m II

Pierre wrote:

I am a pilot in the Canadian arctic and we were coming back from Pond
Inlet last night and they were amazing! It was one of the brightest I ever
saw. White, yellow and orange. Really impressive.

So..make it stop already! My shortwave reception in the last few days
has been atrocious. I sure hope things return to normal soon.

mike
--
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
/ /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /

..let the cat out to reply..
Old November 22nd 03, 05:22 AM
Tony Meloche

m II wrote:

Pierre wrote:

I am a pilot in the Canadian arctic and we were coming back from Pond
Inlet last night and they were amazing! It was one of the brightest I ever
saw. White, yellow and orange. Really impressive.

So..make it stop already! My shortwave reception in the last few days
has been atrocious. I sure hope things return to normal soon.

mike

It was a little better here tonight in SW Michigan. More stations -
including some weaker ones - were coming through, but the "hash" is
still pretty bad.
If we're lucky, the quieting down of the sunsot activity and winter will
arrive about the same time - we can hope, anyhow!

Tony

Old November 23rd 03, 02:04 PM

In article , m II
writes