Old January 18th 04, 06:00 PM
Volker Kerkhoff

Cecil Moore wrote:
Volker Kerkhoff wrote:

1. Acess to all information services is free.

Does God provide it as a miracle? That's the only
way it could be free. I'm willing to bet taxpayers
pay for it and all other "free" governmental services.

Should have specified... Free (as in free speech, not as in free lunch)
not necessarily means free of charge or other contractual terms, but
"must be acessible to anyone wanting to access it and pay the associated
charges and obey the contractual terms that go with it. Alas, I still
can't subscribe to a digital Satellite Pay-TV package sold and marketed
to germany in Spain, because the service provider does not hold a
license for selling in Spain, but I can access the 70-something
Free-to-air Sat cgannels in german, and put up a dish for it, and nobody
can legelly prevent me from doing so.

73,

Volker

Old January 19th 04, 02:21 AM
Alex V Flinsch

On or about Sun, 18 Jan 2004 18:00:43 +0100, Volker Kerkhoff
wrote about the following in article
:

Should have specified... Free (as in free speech, not as in free lunch)
not necessarily means free of charge or other contractual terms, but "must

With a statement like that, I knew that you were a Linux user even before
looking at the message headers...

--
Alex / AB2RC
Yaesu Ft100 software for Linux http://www.qsl.net/kc2ivl